Chapter 1: Goodbye Omniverse and Hello Elemental Nations

Logan's POV:
I walked out of the rift and saw that I was on a hill overlooking a city. "At least I won't have to explain why I came out of rift." I said as I walked towards the town. Once I got to the entrance of the city, I say a sign that said "Welcome to Republic City. The symbol of peace for both benders and non-benders around the world." I chuckled at the slogan they used. 

I walked into the city and was amazed that they had cars already, 'Not bad.' I thought as I continued to walk through the city and seeing these people with what people from my world would call 'outdated'.

I continued walking through the city until I turned a corner and accidently ran into a girl with metal armor. We fell and I accidently landed on top of her. "I am so sorry. I didn't see you." I said as I got up quickly as she just sighed and stood up. 

"Next time watch were you're going. You're new here, aren't you?" she asked, "Yeah, just arrived today. I kinda had to get away from my home. Not that I have a home to return to anymore." I said as I remembered the destruction and chaos that I saw my home in and everyone I knew and loved were laying on the ground dead. I shook the image away from my head and the girl was just looking over at a building across the street.

I then noticed that her eyes were glassy and void of color. That's when I realized she was blind. "Um, hey you need help crossing the street?" I asked, "Do I look like I need help? I may be blind, but I can see a whole lot more with my earth bending than you ever could." She said. 

"Wow, I never knew earth bending could be used like that." I said. "It's no big deal. What's your name new guy?" she asked, "It's Logan, Logan Kai." I said telling her half of my full name. 

"Logan huh? I'm Toph Beifong, Chief of police here in Republic City." Toph said, 

"Wow, that's impressive

"Wow, that's impressive. I never would have guessed you were Chief of police seeing as you're about a year younger than me." I said.

"*Chuckles* You aren't the first one to say something like that. So, how about you treat me to lunch as an apology for knocking me over." Toph said, "Um, I don't have any money on me. All I really have is this diamond that I have left from my dad and mom." I said as I pulled out the diamond that was hanging around my neck with a metal necklace keeping it in place. 

"I'm sorry to hear that. What happened to them?" Toph asked, "They were murdered by a criminal. I don't want to talk about it." I said. "Come on, I'll pay. But when you get a job, you will pay me back." Toph said. "Don't worry. I will pay you back." I said as we made our way to a noodle restaurant.

Toph's POV:
I used my earth bending to sense what Logan looked like. To my surprise, he was well built, and taller than me. I also noticed he had some kind of metal on his left arm. "What's that metal thing on your arm?" I asked, "Oh, um, it's a gauntlet. An old friend made it for me." Logan said. 

He was telling me the truth, but it felt like only part of it. "Alright, well here we are." I said as I opened the door and we both walked inside. We took a seat at a table and a waiter gave us a menu, but I already knew what I wanted. "Man, everything on here looks so good. Um, I'll have the Pai Zhao noodles, and some water." Logan said.