Chapter 2: Welcome to Republic City

Logan's POV:
We have been flying for a while now and we have reached the Southern Water Tribe at a place that had a lotus flower on it's main gate. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? It looks like we're there." Ikki said, "Calm down Ikki. Let Tenzin guide the Bison." I said as she pouted and huffed.

"Thank you, Logan. And yes, Ikki, as I've been telling you for the last fifteen minutes, we are, finally, here." Tenzin said. My head started to hurt again as flashes of my friends and family went through my mind. I felt Pema place her hand on my shoulder and smiled, I took a deep breath and the flashes stopped.

Ikki and Jinora excitedly jumped off the bison, riding off its tail on what looked like balls of air. While Tenzin descends from the bison. While an elder woman walked up to him. "Hello, Mother. I can't tell you how happy I am to see you." He said as I saw Meelo on his shoulders pulling on his father's ears. 

Ikki and Jinora pull up on both of his sides, with Ikki jerking his arm; solemnly. "Please help me." Tenzin said as his mom laughs warmly as he bows to let her take Meelo off his shoulders. I was helping Pema down from the bison since she was pregnant with another child.

I then heard Meelo be rude to his grandmother, "Unhand me strange woman!" he shouted, "Now that's just rude." I said as everyone saw me and I sighed as I helped Pema down. "Thank you." Pema said, I nodded and smiled. 

"Who's this Tenzin?" Tenzin's mother asked, "This is Logan. He is part of our family. He has had an unfortunate event happen to him." Tenzin said as I looked down and clenched my fists as flashes of Magnus Enforce laughing as he killed Mia in front of me went through my mind.

"I sense he suffered a great and painful loss." Tenzin's mother said, "I have. My whole family, all my friends, and the love of my life." I said as her face turned to one of sympathy. "I can help you, but first..." she said as I saw a dark skinned girl with blue clothing and a jacket on as well. She had black hair with a ponytail in the back and two braids in the front from her long hair.

Tenzin seemed to recognize her, "Korra?" he said surprised, 'So she must be the current Avatar

Tenzin seemed to recognize her, "Korra?" he said surprised, 'So she must be the current Avatar. She's cute... No, I can't think that. She wouldn't want to be with someone like me. Not if she learns what I almost did to the monster who took my friends, family, and girlfriend from me.' I thought as I overheard Tenzin's and Korra's conversation. 

"Look at you, so big and strong. You've grown into quite the young Avatar." Tenzin said, "Master Tenzin, I'm so glad you're here. I can't wait to get started." Korra said. "Uh, oh." I said. "Yes, well..." Tenzin sighs with a solemn expression on his face, "You're going to have to tell her sooner or later." Pema said.

"She's right. Korra has a right to know what's going on." I said as Tenzin nodded. "You're not staying, are you?" Tenzin's mother asked with a sad face, "I'm afraid not. We're only visiting for the night. Then I have to return to Republic City. Logan, you go with my mother to the healing hut. There she should be able to help you with your issue." Tenzin said.