Chapter Seventeen

—Third Person POV.—

Todoroki Shoto hates humans.

A young boy watched his mom from around the corner, the sound of tea being boiled causing her to not notice him as she mumbled to herself.

"Mom? Are you okay?" He spoke up, her voice coming to a quick halt as she slowly turned to him, a dark look in her eyes as she trembled.

Her hand locked around the handle of the teapot as it let out a wail, alerting everyone that the tea was heated.

"..Mom..?"

—Time Skip.—

The same boy, who now held the appearance of a fourteen year old walked through a dark hallway.

Human lives are meaningless.

They're like waves that remain for a split second.

They are fearful.

The teen held a sword in his hand, it's sharp edge painted in a crimson red liquid while he stared down at the bodies laying on the floor.

And greedy.

I was in a position to watch all of this.

"I'd like to learn how to make teacups." He stated, now standing at the door of a potter.

—Time Skip.—

I was sick of everything.

"A female Ender?" He questioned, causing Ojiro to nod.

"Yes sir, she's going to be at the auction today." Ojiro informed, watching as Todoroki sat up straight "Bring her. I don't care how much it costs."

His servant nodded, standing up and leaving the room after Todoroki dismissed him 'I wonder.. Is she like me? Unable to return to a home?'

She may be the one person who can understand me.

"I'm not an Ender.." 'What.'

The reason why I let that utterly useless human live.

He ripped out the pen she had stabbed into his collar.

Was because I thought working next to a vampire like me would be the absolute worst punishment.

"I found it!!" She beamed, holding a pen up for him.

Human hypocrisy is so obvious, it's almost visible to the eye.

They're filled with contempt and revulsion on the inside, but they kiss up on me on the outside.

To be honest, It is not very pleasant.

He flicked the pen away.

However.

"Pfft..." He chuckled.

It's true her unusual personality intrigued me.

"You're so weird" She commented, leaning over his shoulder to look at the paperwork on his desk.

This human is unique.

"Why are you laughing??" She questioned, as he covered his face with his hand.

It's also true that watching this.. Unique human is entertaining.

She laughed, flicking one of the paper cranes into her eye by accident, causing a long string of curses to escape her lips.