Chapter Sixteen

—First Person POV.—

His face was mere inches away from mine, so close our noses brushed up against each other. I could practically feel his warm breath on my face.

I deadpanned, backing away 'Ever heard of personal space?' He let go of my arm "Everything is so new to me, I was just admiring the place." I excused with a small laugh.

He nodded, turning around and tilting his head back to look at me "You don't want to get lost. Keep up." Ojiro patted my shoulder, the two of us following after the vampire as he walked into a room.

"Woah.." I mumbled under my breath, my hands finding the railing of the booth we are in as I took in the large area.

A stage with large red curtains stood at the end of it all, hundreds of chairs lined up with a few more fancy booths like ours "Do you like it?" My eyes flickered towards Todoroki for a split second before returning to staring in bewilderment at the place.

"Yeah, I've never seen anything like this.." from the corner of my eye I could see him nod before turning and walking off out of my sight.

"Sit, unless you're determined to fall off and die." Todoroki called from behind me, I glanced back, seeing him sitting in one of the fancy chairs not too far from me.

"Do you plan to stand there the entire time? I won't stop you if that's what you want." I looked over the edge once more before turning and taking a seat behind the Duke.

Ojiro came up to Lord Todoroki taking his coat from him.

I deadpanned 'It really was an excuse. "I brought your because I have no one to hold my coat." yeah right.' I rolled my eyes 'No matter where I look, there's no other maid here. Just me.'

I let out a short sigh as the lights dimmed 'Is this like a gift too?' Music started to play, easily cutting into my thoughts. My eyes averted up from the ground to the stage.

The Opera started, it was a historical Opera that talked about the imperial family— Meaning that it was really really boring.

'I'm so proud of myself for lasting a full hour' I mentally grumbled, watching as a knight character bowed down to the king "Oh great Monoma! We shall obey you and offer you our country!!" The knight declared, causing me to roll my eyes.

'An empire without bloodshed? Give me a break, talk about romanticizing their past.' All the characters came together and bowed in the middle of the stage, earning claps from all the people in the room.

I followed Lord Todoroki and Ojiro out of the booth, pretending I hadn't fallen asleep during most of the opera.

As all of us where making our way through the crowd, Todoroki tilted his head back to me "Was it fun?" He questioned, my eyes meeting his as a small chuckle left my lips "Yes, it was very interesting." I moved up so I was now walking side by side with him.

"I'm happy I got to watch such a beautiful opera, it was the first one I had ever been to." I commented, watching as he sent me a look "Thank you for bringing me?"

He looked away, a 'hmph' escaping his throat.

I deadpanned, crossing my arms "To be honest, during the second half it just got really boring. Plus, when you made me count how many times Monoma comes out I pretty much already read the book and knew what would happen."