Chapter 1: House of Cards

"What's in it for me?" Jeon Jungkook lazily asked the person fidgeting in front of him, Dr. Kim Jongsu. He was referred apparently by a close colleague, Kim Seokjin, saying that his uncle asked for JK.

No one asks for Jungkook unless it is not a law-abiding activity. He is known as JK by outsiders and clients – mostly feared, but an untouchable god nonetheless (or a reincarnation of Lucifer rather) to many for giving huge favors for an equal price.

Jungkook crosses his leg gracefully, elbows at his armrest, palm resting on his chin. A great epitome of looking extremely bored.

Dr. Kim squirms, shifting his weight in his other feet. "Anything, anything for my greatest creation – for my son. Name your price."

The raven-haired leader of BTS, one of the largest and infamous criminal organization in Korea, arched his eyebrow by the man's peculiar phrasing. 'greatest creation?'. Not that he really cared. Dr. Kim stumbled upon handing him a blank cheque, carefully placing it on the man's table.

"I have a lot of that as we speak, anything interesting you can offer?" with a familiar glint and a lazy smirk, Jeon Jungkook always exudes the intimidating and daunting aura, always makes the person in front of his pee in their pants.

Dr. Kim shifts, desperate for his son's protection – his beautiful son, he quickly kneeled. "What do you want? Anything!" he begs. "Please protect my son. Please! Yashimoto already took my wife and now she's gone forever. That fucking second-rate envious son of a bitch! I want that fucker and his gang to rot in hell! I will slice him open with my hand-made scal--" Jungkook raised a hand to stop the doctor from his nonsensical blabbing. Yashimoto is truly a pain in the ass but Jungkook doesn't want to kill him, not yet, that bastard is still valuable to him in terms of business.

He also already knew about the son because of Kim Seokjin, the way Dr. Kim do experiments to his kin, to make him look flawlessly perfect. He doesn't know the reason, but it disgusts him so much. He will never do something like that to his family, his members. Jungkook's nose wrinkled, his mind quickly wandering to the night before.

"Save my cousin from that old fucker, please. Kim Corporation is all yours." Kim Seokjin looked at him square in the eye, determined to save his childhood best friend and only cousin, Kim Taehyung. Seokjin immediately grabbed the opportunity to save his cousin when his uncle asked him for JK's favor. He regretted not taking action right away, always on the sidelines, waiting for a great opening to save his poor Taehyungie. The older came to Jungkook the night before, giving all the information he needed to know about his cousin. Seokjin never asked for favors from him, they have been business partners, colleagues, close friends, and brothers for the longest time, and this surprised him. Seokjin is even a part of the six high-official members of BTS.

"Isn't it mine already the moment you walk in my house?" Jungkook's eyes twinkled with affection but with mischief. Seokjin scoffed, "Brat."

"No need to do that, hyung. You already did a lot for BTS. This one's on me." Jungkook continued smugly. Seokjin nodded thanks. He knows Jungkook though, all favors for him have a price. Always has been, always will be.

"Give me Kim Taehyung." Jungkook snickered coldly, his bunny teeth peaking, seeing the doctor's face twisted with horror and realization that he already lost the negotiation.

"B-but--" the doctor mumbled in protest but the sound of Jungkook's shoe hitting the floor to stand up made him shiver. They all know that Jungkook has a reputation, a terrifying one, a monster who will pull a trigger in anyone's head without blinking an eye. Albeit he has soft handsome features like his doe eyes and smooth pointed nose, his sharp jaw and piercing stares make one cower in fear. Mercy isn't in his vocabulary. A psychopath who loves bathing in blood and torture.