Ch-6: Out on the Loch

Previously...

Later, Shaggy, Scooby, Sheeva, and Willow were in the Mystery Machine, all of them ready to go while the others were on the boat.

"Don't worry, Fred. We won't get a scratch on her." Shaggy called, only to accidentally back the van up into something. "Uh... make that two scratches?" Shaggy said, then they drove away.

"Suddenly, this boat seems like a much safer place." Velma said to the other as they watched Shaggy and the others leave in the van.

~*~*~

Soon enough, the fishing boat was underway, heading on forth into the Loch, Fred at the helm of the ship, while Daphne and Shannon were up at the bow, Velma by the engine room. Scorcher was also alongside Fred. Maria was next to Daphne, while Braedey and Rose were with their mermaid tails, swimming alongside the boat.

"Let's get underway." Scorcher announced, raising a flag on the mast.

"I'm taking her up to full throttle. Let's see what this baby can do." Fred called out to the others, as he now gives the boat more speed.

"Aye aye, captain." Velma saluted in response.

"Whahoo! I'm king of the lake! Er-loch!" Fred shouted out happily before correcting himself.

"Looks like someone is having fun." Scorcher smiled. He then looked to the open water, but as he does so, he couldn't help but take notice of a shape in the distance. He eyed it for a second, only for it to disappear below the waves, so he wasn't sure if it was something or not.

"Things look pretty clear from up here." Shannon called from the front of the boat.

Braedey and Rose appeared on the starboard side, now swimming alongside as Maria smiled to them. She really wanted to see a mermaid, and to see the two people here able to swim like so, it was really cool to see.

Unbeknown to them, something was watching them swim on overhead from below....

~*~*~

Meanwhile, Scooby, Shaggy, Willow, and Sheeva were now driving along the winding roads through the Scottish countryside, Shaggy driving while the others were watching on

Meanwhile, Scooby, Shaggy, Willow, and Sheeva were now driving along the winding roads through the Scottish countryside, Shaggy driving while the others were watching on. Sheeva and Willow were both strapping themselves in as Shaggy drove the van down the roads.

"~You take the high road, and I'll take the rocky road..." Shaggy said as he enjoyed ice-cream while driving along. "Like, rocky road ice cream, that is~"

"Scooby, are we going the right way?" Sheeva asked in concern, since Shaggy was driving irregularly. Willow was looking slightly pale because of the driving, but she didn't raise any objections for now.

Scooby shook his head in response, looking at the map but he then saw it was upside down. He spun the map around to it was right-side-up, and he nodded back to her, seeing they were on the right road.