Ch-3: Dinner-Time

Later that evening, the gang and Professor Pembrooke were all gathered at a large table inside of the dining room inside of the castle, and they were waiting for Shannon to bring in dinner. The professor was showing pictures to Velma, while Fred and Daphne were talking to one another, Shaggy and Scooby waiting patiently for Shannon, with Rose and Braedey relaxing.

"Professor, these new pictures of the Loch Ness Monster are amazing." Velma commented, looking at the images that the professor had taken possibly a few days ago before any recent sightings of the monster appeared.

"I was out on the Loch by myself that day, when all of a sudden, there she was. Right next to my boat." Pembrooke explained to the girl in glasses.

"After the world sees these, everyone will believe in the monster." Velma declared with a smile on her face.

"Aye. I wish it were that easy, dear." Pembrooke sighed reluctantly to Velma, and she took the photos back from Velma, the latter looking to the former with concern.

"Well, it's been a rather good start for us here." Rose said to Braedey. "I mean, been so sign of anything out of the ordinary."

"Still, best to keep our eyes out." Braedey advised. All the while since seeing that strange shape in the water next to the road earlier today, he wasn't sure about the thought of the monster being real or not.

"Dinner is served." Shannon announced, now walking in with a large silver bowl with a lid on top in hand, and placed it in front of Scooby and Shaggy, whilst Willow, Rose, and Braedey were all on the other side of the table to them. "I've prepared a traditional Scottish dinner for you, so you'd all get a good taste of the Highlands."

"And, like, we're ready to start tasting. Right, Scoob?" Shaggy asked.

"Right." Scooby agreed.

"We'll be starting with haggis. A true Scottish delicacy." Shannon announced, now pulling off the lid, and revealing the meal inside. It didn't really look rather normal in a few cases

 It didn't really look rather normal in a few cases

"Like, what's in it?" Shaggy asked.

"Shannon? What exactly is a haggis?" Braedey asked, looking at the odd meal.

"It's just a boiled sheep's stomach... stuffed with diced liver and kidneys." Shannon explained.

Braedey's facial features soon pale away, as the colour drained from his face. He placed a hand slightly over his mouth, as a small amount of sweat accumulated on his forehead. "I think..." He breathed. "I think I'll pass on this one. I've just lost my appetite."

"Same here." Willow agreed. "Sorry, Shannon."

Shannon nodded her head to the two of them, as she took note of Rose's pale expression as well. Shaggy and Scooby were also not interested in the haggis. They put down their knives and forks, and started to push the dish next to one another. Then, they both sent the dish flying down the table, everyone watching it go, only to hear a shattering sound as a result.