Ch-10: Capturing the Loch Ness Monster

Previously...

"Nessie or no Nessie, this van hoax proves there's someone behind at least part of this mystery. There's only one thing left to do." Velma nodded.

"Take a two week vacation to a tropical paradise?" Shaggy asked, who's with Scooby in the remains of the van.

"No, you two." Braedey spoke back. "We've got to go back to Blake castle."

"I've got a plan." Velma announced.

~*~*~

Back at the castle, a plan was now set up in motion

Back at the castle, a plan was now set up in motion. Shaggy and Scooby were to be on a small rowboat out in the Loch to act as bait for the monster, with Shannon and Daphne on Sir Ian's research ship to watch the cove with the holo-radar, Sheeva being backup. Fred and Del were at one side of the cove with a speedboat and the van, armed with some kind of Nessie floaters, while Braedey and Rose were swimming in the cove, and both Velma and Scorcher were up in the castle. Willow and Maria have gone off to go and contact the authorities about what was going on.

"Shaggy and Scooby are in position." Velma asked on radio. "Is everyone else ready?"

"Sonar's up and running. Everything is clear outside the cove. We're standing by, over." Daphne reported in.

"Fred, how's the trap coming?" Scorcher asked next.

"Roger that, Papa Bird. This is Baby Bird and we do have copy." Fred called in, everyone just rolling their eyes. "We are go. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie. Baby Bird, over and-" Fred was cut off when Del took the radio.

"Yeah. Hi, it's Del. We're ready, Velma." Del reported in, just as the fog started to roll in. "Hang on, I think we got a problem. Fog's rolling in fast."

"I've lost visual on Scooby and Shaggy." Velma said next. "Velma to Shaggy, come in, Shaggy. Are you two okay?" She asked.

"Negatory on that, Velma." Shaggy replied. "We got a major problem down here. Like, we're all out of Scooby Snacks."

"Braedey, you and Rose ready?" Scorcher now asked.

"Yep. We know what to do." Braedey replied back. "We will lock the nets down to the seabed as Fred goes along, and trap the monster in the cove when we get the chance."

"We are good to go." Rose added in.

~*~*~

Up on the ship's bridge, Daphne and Shannon were checking the radar/sonar. So far, nothing out of the ordinary. But that changed at once when the monster appeared on the sonar, heading up to the cove and the castle.

"Sir Ian, you better come take a look at this." Daphne called, seeing the monster show up on the sonar.

"There it is again. It's heading right into the cove." Shannon added.