Long Time No Kill!

Mondays were bad but usually not blow-up-a-school-before-you're-even-enrolled-in-it bad.

     Now don't get me wrong, I love a dramatic explosion as much as the next girl, but I'd prefer the ones that didn't make me wanted for arson.

     I poked at the syrup that was left on my plate. "I'm so ready to go back to camp."

    "It's been pretty boring without you," Justin admitted.

     This was about the third date we had been on. I was really happy that Sally was so cool with me going out with Justin. Percy on the other hand had no idea. He'd flip if he found out I was here now. He didn't like Justin. I suspected it was maybe because he was a som of Ares, the war god determined to kill my brother.

    "I can't believe they let you go on to the same grade as Percy by just taking a test," Justin said.

    School. I checked my watch and cursed.

    "Orientation was today," I got up from my seat. "I promised Paul I'd be there on time."

    I grabbed my skateboard and dropped a couple bucks on the table of the restaurant.

    "Sorry," I kissed Justin goodbye. "I'll make it up to you."

    "You better," he smiled.

     I sped through the streets hoping I wasn't too late for the orientation. I also had to come up with a lie as to where I was because Percy would be there. I couldn't say I was with Annabeth because they had a date later. Well, Percy said they were only hanging out, but I know they both secretly wanted it to be a date.

    I got honked at about three times for crossing into ongoing traffic but honestly, if a fire breathing dragon hadn't killed me, I seriously doubted a car would.

    I ran into the main entrance of the school and hoped I hadn't missed the orientation. A security guard stopped me before I could get any further.

    "Can I help you?" He asked.

    "Uh- I-" I was out of breathe and nervous I wasn't sure how to answer but thankfully I was saved.

    "Orientation," Paul said, behind me. "I'll take her to the gym."

    The security guard let us go and we turned a corner.

   I stopped and turned to him. "Thanks, Paul."

  "No problem, kiddo."

   Paul was Sally's boyfriend who had been trying to get on our good side for the longest. It wasn't very hard, he was a good guy. Both Percy and I liked him but we didn't tell him that. We enjoyed making his life complicated.

    "I have to get to the lounge but if you take two lefts then a right you should get to the gym where they're welcoming new students," he instructed. "Got it?"

   "Not really," I admitted. "But I'll figure it out."

    He laughed and turned the other way.

    I made it about ten steps before everything went horribly wrong.

   Someone rammed into me and I fell to the floor.

   "Sorry!"

    I looked up and saw Percy wide eyed.

   "Cassie?" He asked.

   "Percy!" I said.

    He helped me up but didn't seem to be very focused on me.

    "Are you okay?" I asked.