𝐓. ᴇᴍᴘᴏʀᴀʟ

Gᴇɴʀᴇ: Aɴɢsᴛ

--
Nᴏᴛᴇ: ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪᴅᴇᴏ!
--

KILLUA'S POV

Leaves crunched beneath my shoes as the city lights glow in the dark sky. The cold breeze that passed made me clutch my jacket -bringing it closer to my body, craving its heat.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"Killua!" she poked my cheeks, pouting.
"Killua-"

A sigh escaped my lips. "What, idiot?" I faced her, but instead of being greeted by her pouty face, I was engulfed in a giant bear hug by my significant other.

Her soft giggles resonate in my ear. The fluttering feeling in my stomach seemed endless with her around. "It's freezing Killua. Can we cuddle?"

"Y-yeah, of course!"

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

A smile formed on my lips as I reminisced the memory.

It's almost been two months since I've seen her. She probably misses me so much, especially when I annoy the shit out of he-

'Agh! Stop thinking about her!'

Slapping both of my cheeks, I felt the stinging pain rush to them. Letting both my hands fall limp, I found myself sitting on a bench that was nearby.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"Uhm... Hi!" 

A (h/c) haired girl greeted me with a small, but nervous smile —an umbrella above her head. I didn't respond— sinking into the wet bench, looking away from her. "Sorry to bother you but, are you alright?"  As she said that, I suddenly stopped feeling the rain hitting my head.

Curious, I looked up to see that the girl shyly covered me with her umbrella, letting herself get drenched in the cold rain. "What are you doing, woman? You're getting yourself wet. Mind your own business." I sneered.

"I'm sorry for bothering you but, I can't help but wonder what's the problem" She peered. 

"I know I'm a stranger and all but, you can tell me!" a slight grin placed itself on her face. "I may not be the person you want to tell your problems to since I'm a stranger" she rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. 

"-I just want to help other people... I guess-"

I was surprised.

A stranger offering to help me with my problems seemed suspicious enough but her words made me feel something bubbly inside.

'I shouldn't be all friendly with this woman. She could be someone father hired to get me to go back-'

'But..'

'She kind of feels like home.' 

━━━━━━━━━━━

Leaning back, feeling the wooden bench touch my back. Thoughts came running like a broken dam. The heavy feeling welling up in me feels nauseating.

'Home is someone where the heart is, they say.'

"But what if my home isn't here anymore?"

Tears built up in the corner of my eyes, the suffocating fact drowns me. Putting my forearm over my eyes, I let myself sink in on the bench.

"Why did you have to go?" small whimpers came out of me as I whispered to the air.

"We had everything planned (Y/n)... We were going to buy our little apartment. Maybe Netflix and chill all day just like what you wanted." hanging my head low, I let a weary chuckle escape me. Reaching something out of my pockets, I felt the fuzzy box touch my fingers.

Opening it up, I see a small ring inside. The rose gold ring seemed to shine under the moonlit sky. Picking it up from the box, I examined it. Tears streaming down my cheeks.

"I was supposed to marry you, you know?" My shaky voice resonated in my ears. "We were supposed to be a family, you know?"

I clutched the ring in my hands as I choked on my sobs. "Why did you leave me in this cruel world?!"

'Please, come back'

𝐈 think I shouldn't have started this book with angst but whatever lmaoEDIT: what is this

EDIT: what is this

𝐈 think I shouldn't have started this book with angst but whatever lmaoEDIT: what is this

Edited in: 2.11.23