Part .8 - Do not take a minor to commit felonies with you

So the thing was, our mom only knew of a cousin that Isaac had been staying with. She'd told me that last time I talked to her, which in retrospect was a long time ago. Turned out the cousin knew of him having his own trailer someplace. So Brianna and I went there.

A woman (not at all happy) was there. Apparently Isaac had bene living with her. She had a little four year old or so boy toddling around. I was pretty upset, since I had asked Isaac to come and meet my kids. When it turned out he had his own kid and life he just wasn't sharing with me, yeah I was pretty upset. By 'pretty upset' means maybe I was crying because the little boy was how old Travis should be and I was actively sobbing. Thankfully, the woman and child did not know I was there and Brianna proved to be really, really good at interrogating someone who is drunk, high, and trying to close the door in her face. I don't remember if I mentioned it often enough yet, but Brianna has a large knife and knows how to use. Anyway.

We got out of my brother's, I guess wife (we'll go with that it's not like we asked to see a marriage certificate), that his and her dealer (yeah I know) was mad because my brother either didn't pay or stole from him (I don't know other than physical assault what makes drug dealers mad, okay?) or something along those lines, and said drug dealer 'left with Isaac' because Isaac wouldn't give him money. I feel like the idea of that was that this woman cough up more money because they kidnapped her husband. She did not get that idea nor did it have the desired effect. So.

Brianna and I, with a little bickering, found our way to the address. A meth-lab looking two story old farm house at the end of a road.

"You will wait in this car—"

"You need me we're a team—"

"You will wait in this car—"

"But we're a team—"

"We are not a team; you will wait in this car---"

"I want to help!"

"You will wait in this car---"

"It's not even car it's a truck see? This is why you need me---"

"You will wait in this car. I will go and talk to my brother. I am the invisible one. You will sit here and not move or I will manifest and beat the crap out of you, got it?" I asked, very severely.

She flipped me off so I took that as a yes.

Getting in was easy (as opposed to getting out. more on that later). The drug dealer people didn't see me (I don't know what they're called okay? Despite what this volume may have you believe up to this point I led a relatively normal life. I didn't watch a lot of TV unless it was shit my kids could watch. I don't know. I don't' know a lot. I think it should be obvious I'm making this up as I go along. Anyway).

Isaac was upstairs, locked in a room. They'd done a number on him, and he was in heavy withdrawals. Not the first crack house I carried him out of.

"Hey---hey, it's me," I say, shaking his shoulder gently.

"Hugh? You're not here," he mumbles, lips split. "You died. They told me you died."

"Remember how weird I am all the time?" I ask, wiping his face with one hand, "Yeah. I'm here. I'm never not gonna find you."

"You gotta go," he sat up then, and tried to blink. "Get out of here."

"You say that like you think I'll do it," I say, smiling, "Come on. Let's go home. We both show up, mom'll have to take us, right? She probably thought we were both dead this time. Well. I kind of am."

"What are you talking about?" he asks, shaking his head.

"I might not see you again. I just----I had to come back one more time and say goodbye. And I'm sorry."