miles hesitated, not knowing how to respond to his own sister. without saying or looking at flora he rushed out of his room, into the kitchen when he saw kate chugging down two different pills..her nightly vitamins.

"m-miles" she said as she gulped down her water and pill.

"name clubs open on a weekday" he replied with no context, his breath slowly increasing speeds out of his nostrils. 

kate furrowed her brows, smacking her lips and giving a 'ah' 

"what why?" she crossed her arms.

"it's an important matter, kate" he scoffed.

"important matter? what you're gonna go clubbing now?" kate scoffed back, rolling her eyes as she walked away.

"i know what you and quint did, i know you miles fairchild. don't try-"

"it's y/n" he added, scratching the back of his neck as he bit his lip.

"what-" kate furrowed her brows once again.

"i-i-"

"what damn clubs are o-" miles started, slamming his hands on the small island counter making kate flinch.

"t-the swan"

"the swan" she exhaled out, widening her eyes as she saw miles run off out of the back door and into his car without hesitation. 

////////

the swan was known to accept anyone of any age, meaning (y/n) could have easily gotten in without having to show her ID. as miles huffed in every red light, he tried finding short cuts until he had found his destination. 

the club seemed small and empty, noting that there was a long line full of high school students, tired workers, college students..so on. then there was one guard, he didn't seem to even care that high school students walked down the stairs where the club led to. he just simply nodded and looked away with no care. miles sighed, as he cut the line getting a lot of 'hey!' 'dude' but he didn't bother, instead he blocked eye contact with the guard and ran down the stairs into a door that opened to the club.

miles hated parties, clubs..whatever you name it. though quint would always take him with when he went, he didn't engage. as he softly pushed people out of the way, he tried finding the girl whom he had been worried for. he couldn't tell if he was roaming around the small crowded club for an hour or just a minute but he felt as if time went by quickly as he continued to walk in circles. he sighed, sitting down in a free space on a couch when something caught his eye.

right in the pair of couch across from him, there sat a girl in gray and green sweater with a long brown skirt that went up to her ankles and some flats. the same outfit she had worn a few hours ago when..she met up with miles. 

"y/n!" miles yelled out before scoffing at how loud the music and chatter was.

miles shoved people out of the way, running to where y/n had looked flushed. she had a cup a few inches from her lips, seeing dark purple liquid swirling around made miles furrow his brows. without a warning he softly pushed the cup away making (y/n) look up.

"miles?" she yelled.

"y-y/n" he panted out, putting his hand out for her to grab it.

"why the hell are y-you here" she spat, even from a few inches off of his face..he could smell the wine. 

"y-you shouldn't be in here" he told her before pulling her figure up, and carrying her through the crowds.  

(y/n) had been hitting his chest as he carried her out and up the stairs, bridal style. she was cursing at him, slamming her fists into his cheek but he didn't bother to look bothered by it. he plopped her into the front seat as he slammed the car door and ran to the driver's side.