CHAPTER 21: Back To You

Shit! I should have updated 25 minutes ago 😅. Sorry.

Aeryn's POV:

"Brownie?"

My whole body froze on hearing him call me that.

This can't be possible.

He can't be--

I turned around, Eve was standing there with tears rolling down his eyes. He had my pineapple yellow colour tiffin box in his hand.

Those deep blue eyes.

How the fuck I didn't notice it before?

A small sob left my mouth. Before I knew it, tears were falling down my eyes just like him.

We just stood there, crying and staring at each other not believing if everything is for real or it's just a beautiful dream.

Slowly, he took a hesitant step towards me. His feet wobbling.

My hand covered my mouth trying to control my sobs and his steps faltered.

His hands were shaking when he stood close to me, his eyes focused on the tiffin box.

His voice shook. "Th-this belo-ngs to you. I-I... couldn't give it b-back. Thank you for the sand-wich...it was delicious as always."

He lifted his gaze and looked at me, I was a crying mess. I took the tiffin box from his hand and kept it on the counter behind me and hugged him tightly.

Wrapping my arms around his torso I buried my face in his chest and he hugged me back tightly wrapping his arms around my body and placing his chin on the top of my head.

We both broke down, crying our hearts out.

"My little Brownie", he crooned making me cry harder.

Five minutes passed and we were still standing in the same position, still crying, still hugging and holding each other tightly afraid of letting go.

Hesitantly he pulled apart, just a little bit but I refused to let go of him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and with my face still buried in his chest, he walked us to the living room and sitting down on the couch made me sit on his lap and I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck and hid my face in the crook of his neck.

His fingers gently stroked my hair, the other hand around my waist. None of us said a single thing, the silence and the tears spoke for us.

"My little Brownie?" His voice was low and soft and still cracking because of crying.

I lifted my head from his neck and with his hand that was still shaking, he cupped my cheek and rested his forehead against mine and closed his eyes ad tears fell from his eyes.

"I searched for you so hard", he whispered in a rough voice. "You were right beside me all this time yet I couldn't find you."

"I am here now", I whispered.

He pulled back a bit and watched my face through the tears, the tiniest of smile forming on his lips.

I wiped away his tears with my fingers. "You are crying...are you not happy to find me?"

He chuckled and sobbed at the same time. "I have never been this happy."

Wiping away my own tears, I placed my head on his shoulder. "Eve...you left me then. You went away. I was so worried about you."

"I am not leaving you ever again."

I smiled to myself feeling satisfied.

"What happened after you went away? I was so afraid thinking about whether your uncle fulfilled his promise or not."