CHAPTER 17: Make Me

*smirks*

Aeryn's POV:

"Mama? Dad?"

Someone shook my shoulder. "Mama, get up."

I slowly opened my eyes, finding my face pressed up against Eve's chest, his hand wrapped around my waist and his chin rested on top of my head.

We were still on the couch.

I carefully removed Eve's hand from around my waist and stood up making sure I don't fall from the couch.

Carmel was looking at us in confusion.

My movements woke him up as he sat up straight, trying to understand what's going on.

He looked towards the window and seeing the morning light he turned to Carmel. "What day is it today?"

"Umm... Saturday", Carmel answered.

He sighed. "Oh, thank God." Having said that, he again laid down on the couch.

Carmel looked between us. "Why were you both sleeping here?"

I scratched my head. "We were... talking last night...and we just fell asleep."

"Oh..."

With his eyes still closed, he asked, "Aeryn, don't you have to go to your restaurant today?"

"Nah...I started with my periods last night. I am taking a break this Saturday and Sunday."

"Great", he muttered. "Wake me up in ten minutes."

"Okay...", I said before walking upstairs to my room to get freshened up.

Once I was freshened up, I went back down in the kitchen where Carmel was taking out some cereals in a bowl.

"Did you wake, Eve?"

She smiled sheepishly. "I forgot."

"Let it be. I'll wake him up."

I went back outside to the living room where he was peacefully sleeping on the couch on his back, one arm over his stomach the other hanging down from the couch.

I crouched down in front of the couch slowly brushed away a strand of hair from his forehead. He looked so cute while sleeping. Not like a jerk that he is.

Will you be my support?

I remembered our conversation from last night and I felt the butterflies dancing in my stomach.

Last night, I thought he was going to kiss me but unfortunately, he didn't.

I cupped his cheek and gently caressed it with my thumb and then leaning down, kissed his cheek lingeringly.

His hand which was hanging down from the couch caught my wrist, his eyes still closed. "Taking advantage of me while I'm sleeping?" His voice was hoarse.

I shut my eyes in embarrassment and a blush spread across my cheeks.

"I was just waking you up", I muttered in a failed attempt to defend my actions.

By now he was looking at me. He smirked. "I like your way of waking up. Why don't you wake me up everyday?"

Rolling my eyes, I got up forgetting that he was still holding my wrist. As I got up, he pulled me down making me land on his chest.

I blushed at our intimate position, his hand snaked around my waist making sure I don't fall. While my palm was pressed against his chest.

His eyes were twinkling with amusement.