CHAPTER 15: Dream

Everette's POV:

Once again I found myself waking up next to Aeryn, my wife.

I should get used to it now.

Her face was once again buried in my chest and this time it was she who had her leg wrapped around my hips. And one arm wrapped around my torso.

She seemed to be in a deep sleep.

I gently shook her shoulder. "Aeryn?"

I shook it again. "Aeryn, get up. We need to leave."

She groaned and snuggled closer to me.

I slowly unwrapped her leg from around my waist and proceeded to unwrap her hand from around my torso.

As I lifted her hand, she groaned deeply and firmly wrapped her hand around my neck and buried her face in my neck too.

I again shook her body. "Aeryn!"

She wiggled her face and her lips pressed against the base of my neck.

My breath hitched.

I angled my head to look at her, she was still sleeping, her eyes were closed but she seemed to be dreaming.

When her lips pressed against my neck, it wasn't by mistake, she was unconsciously kissing me.

Her lips trailed up my neck pressing soft kisses. Her mouth slightly parted and she bit my skin gently. I decided not to think about anything else and enjoy this moment knowing she will regret this as soon as she wakes up.

It's okay, she is just kissing my neck.

My hand went around her waist and tightened, my eyes closed as I felt myself getting turned on.

Her lips moved across my jaw but then I was caught off-guard when they landed on my lips.

I pulled my head back and shouted. "Aeryn!"

With a start she woke up and looking down at how she was clinging onto me, she moved back.

I was breathing heavily as I stared at her, her eyes widened. "D-did I do something?"

"What were you dreaming about?", I asked suspiciously.

She opened her mouth to speak but then she realised something and she closed her mouth and chewed on her lips. A blush slowly crept up her neck, reddening her cheeks and the tip of her ears burnt.

"Aeryn, I asked you something."

"N-nothing...", she stuttered.

"What nothing?"

"I-I... don't remember what I was...d-dreaming...", she spoke nervously.

My body hovered hers, I stared into her eyes. "You are lying."

She shook her head. "No."

My eyes narrowed at her. "Were you dreaming about kissing me?"

She gulped, her eyes roaming the room refusing to look at me. "No..."

I pointed to my neck where she gave me a small hickey. "Then what do you mean by this?"

Her eyes widened and she instantly covered her face with her hands in embarrassment. "Please tell me I didn't do it."

"Who else will do it then?"

Her hands still covered her face. "I am so sorry. I don't know how it happened."

At that moment, seeing her so flustered made me laugh.

She removed her hands from her face. "Are you laughing at me?"