sixty eight || capture

Start from the beginning

Luke and Mikey both looked at each other for a moment of confusion before turning back towards me. I'm guessing the way I knew her just surprised and confused them both in one.

I slid down off the counter, moving up to grab another slice. I looked up to Luke as he opened his mouth to say something before it got cut off by the sound of someone running across the hard wood floor.

I turned to the sound, watching as Auni ran through the living room and into the kitchen with a smile on her face. She weaved around the other guys, making it over to me as Calum followed behind. I looked back down to her as she got closer, starting to smile too at her antics.

"Kiss me," she said out of no where, almost reaching me.

"What?" I laughed back, catching her as she ran into me. I wrapped my arms back around her back, hers wrapping up over my neck as she pushed to her tippy toes to be closer to my height.

"Just do it," she said again. "Kiss me."

I shook my head slightly before leaning in to her, my hand falling higher up her back to support her as she arched back. I could feel the way she smiled into our kiss, making me smile too before she pulled back.

She wiggled her way out of my grip, running back out of the kitchen, dragging Calum with her.

I watched her turn up the steps again, laughing under her breath before I turned back to look at the guys in front of me.

They both stared at me confused as I looked back at them, just as confused in some way.

"I bet she beat Cal on rainbow road."

× × ×

I looked away as quickly as I could, knowing just the idea of her was too much for me right now. I paced up to the table, grabbing my keys off of it as the whole team looked to me.

"She okay?" Calum asked first from a seat down
from where I stood.

"I don't know," I told him honestly. "That's what I'm going to find out."

Calum just raised his eyebrows in surprise, not knowing what to say to me. It didn't even pass my
mind to grab all the awards sitting in front of us, rather just picked up the important things I needed in this moment.

"Just take all our stuff with you, please," I asked of him. "I'll get it from you later but I just need to get to her right now."

Calum nodded, agreeing to do as I asked. I started to turn to walk out when he stopped me. "Hey, wait."

i looked to him, waiting impatiently for him to spit it out. He pulled a small object from his pocket, handing it over to me.

I looked down to it, seeing the photo that had just been on screen now in my hand, tangible. It was that photo of us in the form of a polaroid. I rubbed my finger across the surface at the bottom, assuring to myself that it was real- at some point in this reality, this had actually occurred between us.

"Flip it over," Calum spoke.

I saw as her hand writing was scrawled across the back, our words written.

"She got her hands on a polaroid camera one night and told me to take a photo. I'm not sure if she was high on life or actually drunk but she was so beyond excited for me to take it. I gave it to her and never
saw it again, until last week... I uh.. I found it on the floor of my car. I'm not sure if she meant to leave it or not, but it had that on the back this time. I figured it was probably supposed to go to you before everything... you know, happened."