thirty four || retail therapy

thursday, october 22nd- 5:48 p.m.

You know, it's moments like these that I wished I was just a normal teenage girl with normal girly friends.

But no. I had Calum, Luke, Mikey, and Ashton.

And how I ended up in a dress store with all four of them was beyond me.

I had asked Calum to come. I didn't have any girlfriends who could help me pick a dress so I figured his testosterone was the closest I would get. It wasn't gonna be an "aww you look so pretty", more of a "yeah, he'd wanna fuck you in that" but it was close enough for me to let him come along.

Luke offered to come along, and I figured his judgment might be better than just Cal's since he's my brother. His judgment wouldn't be the same as Calum's since I'm sure he hates the idea of me being with one of his friends anyways- although he still hasn't said anything about it. Maybe I should ask him soon...

Mikey tagged along since Calum was his ride home from practice. Calum offered to drop him at home but apparently coming along was more entertaining? I don't know him super well but he seemed okay. The only truly bad thing he'd done to me was orchestrated by Ashton and they're all changing. He was quiet and reserved compared to the other boys, but it made him more interesting to me. Like there was no way he was actually agreeing to go dress shopping with us just to hang out with the guys?

Ashton insisted on coming. I told him multiple times that Calum and Luke were going to come with me, but he still wanted to tag along. I figured it was just more time to spend with him so it would be fun.

So now, with all four of them following me around like puppies in this dress store, their conversations were the only entertainment I had.

"This weekend's gonna be sick. We're gonna win the homecoming game, then roll up to the dance and then the after-party too," Calum laid out the weekend plans behind me.

I flipped through the racks looking for something as they followed behind. Ashton helped a little, following behind and watching as I flipped through them. He would stop me on one he thought was pretty or make a face at the ones he didn't like but I did. It made me laugh but at least he was helping. Luke pulled out one occasionally that the color caught his eye but almost always put them back at my reaction.

"The after party's gonna be good," Mikey commented as he and Calum walked behind us. "Ashton hasn't thrown a real party in a while."

"Yeah, cause something bad always happens at them. The one after finals finished, Maddy cheated on Jake after three years together. The end of school one was when Auni was attacked. July 4th, Nick fell down the staircase and almost broke his leg. Back to school, Aj almost got full alcohol poisoning and one of us was going to have to get an underage charge just to take him to the hospital so he didn't die. And then September again, Auni got hurt," Ashton interrupted.

"Nothing happened at the Valentine's day one," Mikey commented, a small smirk on his lips.

"Do you not remember Sarah got pregnant at that one?" Ashton fired back, making my jaw drop slightly.

"Oh yeah, I haven't seen her in forever," Mikey replied, looking around to everyone else's agreeance.

"Yeah, because her parents sent her away to birth her whole child," Ashton told him, looking at him like he was stupid.

"That one's not your fault though," Calum suggested, getting a nod from Michael. "Not like you can change who she slept with."

"I don't care. That's why this one is still just the team and their dates. The Halloween party will be the first big party in a while," Ash explained, shutting down their pleas for allowing more people over.