forty seven || two can keep a secret

Saturday, October 31st- 8:09 p.m.

"Auni," his voice rang out behind me. "Come on. Everyone's starting to get here."

I turned around in the mirror, watching as he rounded the corner into his bathroom. "Yeah, well, fake blood isn't that easy to work with, Ashton," I yelled back, making sure to emphasize his name.

He'd managed to get it perfectly on his outfit, making it even more frustrating that I couldn't get it the same.

When he'd said we were going as mob bosses, I thought he was kidding, until he brought me back to his house this morning and showed me the outfits he had found. He'd got an old white dress shirt, black tie, pants, and suspenders for himself, and fake blood for us both. I really didn't understand what his plan was until he explained I just needed a short black dress and fishnets to go with the white dress shirt we had to put the blood on to match.

 I really didn't understand what his plan was until he explained I just needed a short black dress and fishnets to go with the white dress shirt we had to put the blood on to match

I thought he was crazy, but he was more than excited so I went along with it. I'd facetimed Luke to have him grab my clothes, arriving earlier than the rest to bring them to me. I'd changed into them, Ash entertaining Luke downstairs. I'd fought with the fake blood but it was much harder for me to do onto myself than it was to help him.

And that led us to this moment, us both completely dressed but me yelling back at him cause I couldn't get it to work like I so desperately wanted to just to make him happy.

He stepped farther into the bathroom, taking the container from my hand as he started helping. He set it down, buttoning up a couple of my buttons to make it easier for himself before dipping his hand in and smearing it across my shirt.

"Now why's it so easy for you?" I pouted, getting more frustrated that I hadn't just been able to get it to work.

He ignored my question, getting more on his hand before stopping and laughing. "How mad would you be if I just went..." he asked as he motioned his hand directly across my boob so there would be a handprint.

"Very," I told him, not quite as amused. "I had to get Luke to destroy my room to find a black dress that could cover the hickeys you left. We don't need to worry about explaining anything else."

He continued laughing in front of me, pushing his fake blood-covered hand over my right boob. I rolled my eyes at him, knowing he'd completely ignored what I had just said about explaining.

He smeared it across the shirt so it wasn't as noticeable, adding random speckles around. He was honestly just entertaining himself at this point. He finally looked up to me as he reached for more.

"What?" he laughed as he saw my reaction. "When you unbutton the shirt, no one will know."

"Yeah, you better hope no one will know," I laughed back, my stress easing with him close by. "Luke would beat your ass."

"Guess he can't find out about last night then," Ashton chuckled back, refocusing on his task at hand.

"I will take that to my grave before I ever tell Luke," I laughed back, spinning around as he pulled me to. I lifted my hair from my back to make sure he didn't get any in it.