Letter #10

May 1st

Dear Denali,

Hey, again. Another month without you, Nali. And I don’t know what to do. Do you remember the girl I was dating? Well, it doesn’t feel right anymore. She’s a complete sweetheart, but at the end of the day I come home and I think of you. Actually, I think of you all day. My heart is so full of you I can hardly call it my own.

Every little thing reminds me of you, Nali. Wherever I go, I can see you there. I can see you sitting on the bench of our favorite park. I can see you walking thorough the mall, poiting at every shop window. I can see you sitting on my couch scrolling non-stop on Netlix trying to find a movie to watch and getting upset because no one is good enough. The memories are all I have, but at the same time I don’t like the memories because the tears come easily, and once again I broke my promise to myself for this day. It’s a constant battle. A war between remembering and forgetting.

What should I do with this girl, Nali? I feel like I’m betraying her, because when I’m with her, I wish I could be with you. And that’s not fair; she doesn’t deserve that. She’s too good for me, for who I am now.

I’m trying, Nali. I’m trying to get better, to be happy. I’m trying to stay focused, I’m trying not to overreact. I’m trying not to overthink. All I can do is try.

Missing you every day makes my heart feel heavy, but I know that every day is a day closer to seeing you again.

Love, Rosie