Letter #6

January 1st

Dear Denali,

Last night I kept a candle burning for you as I waited for this new year to came.

My life is truly incomplete without you, Nali. There’s no more happy days. And it’s patetic really, how much I still hope it’s you and me in the end. I lost the love of my life, my soulmate, my comfort person. You still are all of those things. I feel safe here, writing to you, because I know that you are reading this. I have to believe, otherwise I would lose my mind.

Also, as I promised you, I put your gift on the tree, and I picked it up for you. Now I’m wearing the necklace, along with the one you gave me for our first year as a couple. Do you remember? It was a gold chain with a pink rose on it. You were so excited when you bought it. For weeks you kept telling me “I have a gift for you, you’ll love it. You wanna know what it is?”, just like a child, you were so proud of it. Because you knew that I would love it, and you weren’t wrong. But I must tell you, I would’ve loved everything you would've gave me. Even the most insignificant thing, it would've meant the world to me as long as it came from you.

I don’t know how I’m going to face this year alone. I was so used to be with you. To have you by my side. I love you with every piece of me, Nali. Always and forever.

Love, Rosie