Letter #8

March 1st

Dear Denali,

So, I met someone. On Valentine’s Day I went to your favorite ice skating rink, because I wanted to feel you close to me; and there I was, skating clumsy and alone, watching all the happy couples. When I realised that went there was a terrible idea, a girl approached to me and asked me if I was alone, because she was too. And we began to skate together, and somehow it just felt right. She’s a really cute girl.

I know you would liked her too, Nali. She understands me, just like you used to do. One day she came to my house, and saw a picture of you and me, and asked me about it. I told her everything, how much I love you, how important you still are in my life, and she was so nice with me. She even said that you were pretty, and of course, you were the most pretty girl in the planet, Nali.

I’m feeling good with her, I don’t know if it’s love or what it is, but at least I’m feeling something, which I didn’t expect that to happen ever again.

It’s hard to turn the page when you won’t be in the next chapter, but the story must go on, Nali.

But keep in mind that my love for you will never run out, will never slow down no matter when or who I meet; you are my true love, my one and only.

Love, Rosie