Letter #1

August 1st

Dear Denali,

In the morning I woke up with a missed call from you. I was the last person you ever called and I missed it. I'm still not sure how it happened. But you took your life before I could call you back. I can't stop blaming myself.

I can't accept this yet, I'm not ready to just give in, to live in this pain. This wasn't supposed to be the end. We had so much to do, Nali.

I dont't know how Heaven works, if you're able to hear me or not. But I'm gonna write you anyways. I'm not ready to let you go, not yet, not ever. Honestly, how can I let go of the one person that felt like home?

I'll never blame you for what you did. I just wish that you never felt that you had to take your own life to escape. I know it couldn't have been an easy decision, especially when I know that when depression didn't overwhelm you, you loved your life, your family, me, good food, ice skating, and all the things you left behind.

I wish I could have helped you change your mind. I wish I could have listened.

Tomorrow is your funeral, and I know it's going to make me realize that this is all real and not just a bad dream. This feels so unreal. I refuse to think that this is the end. I need you here with me, I need one more hug, one more kiss. How am I supposed to keep going with my life without you, Nali?

I feel lost and alone and I don't know what to do. It's a never ending nightmare of pain, it feels like nails are being driven into my heart and then pulled out again. I know that I'll never get over you.

I love you Nali, I always will.

Love, Rosie