chapter nine

__

__

third person pov

"SARANG!"

sarang snaps out of her thoughts hearing her mother's yell from the kitchen. sarang gets out of her seat and makes her way into the kitchen.

"yes mom?" questions sarang with confusion

"do you think you can help me set up the dishes on the table for dinner tonight?" says sarangs mother as she stirs the soup: dwaeji gukbap(돼지 국밥).

sarang nods and starts setting up the table in silence as she places bowls, chopsticks, and other utensils. sarang goes to the cupboard and grabs cups for beverages.

mrs. park turns behind her and makes a confused and concerned face at the dinner table. then worry fills her body.

"sarang..." says mrs.park in a soft but sad tone.

"yes?" questions sarang as she places a cup on the table.

"why is your spot empty?" questions sarangs mother in concern.

"oh...i'm not hungry." says sarang as she places a hand over her stomach.

"sarang...you haven't eaten since this morning...you need to eat something. what's going on? do you feel any pain?" questions the concerned and worried mom as she walk towards her daughter and gently places her hands on her daughters cheeks and forehead.

"i'm fine mom. i'm just...not hungry. maybe it's just the meds messing with my appetite." says sarang with a small reassuring smile.

"okay well...just...come get some food when you're hungry okay? but remember that you need to eat! it's important for your health." says sarangs mother as she makes her way back to stirring the soup.

"got it mom." says sarang as she starts walking back into her room.

sarang throws herself on her bed laying face down, "what am i going to do? huh? should i go eat? i do feel a buy light headed. mmm...maybe i just need water." says sarang as she grabs her water bottle and drinks some water.

suddenly sarang gets a notification on her phone and it's a message from heeseung.

💬MESSAGES

heeseung
hey, how are you doing? i was just wondering if you're going to school tomorrow?

sarang
hi, i'm doing okay. how about you? and well no i'm not going to school tomorrow.