ch. 12 | soaking wet

Start from the beginning

"you uh.." his face dusted a shade of crimson as he glanced down at the soaking clothes, sticking to your body, "ill hand you something to change into."

you nodded, absolutely hating the feeling of wet fabric.. even if it was your ex offering.

as you followed him down a hall, you took notice of his trophies and past jerseys hung up on the wall.

walking into a bathroom, he handed you a hoodie of his before leaving. it wasn't a surprise that it almost reached to your knees, it wasn't your first time wearing one of his. you never told anyone, but you would sometimes wear his hoodies to sleep, ones that you've never returned since high school. you did a few poses in the giant mirror to boost your confidence, before walking out.

entering the now warm living room, you spotted ushijima turning on the automatic fireplace.

"please, make yourself at home." he insisted.

"id rather not." you retorted.

after being able to charge your phone, you immediately facetimed kuroo to see how wakahiko and him were doing. it was hiko's second day of staying there, refusing to leave his favorite uncle's home.

"MAMA! HI!" wakahiko happily screamed through the screen.

"hi hiko! how's everything?" you greeted, letting out a small chuckle at the way he held the camera so close to his face.

"good! LOOK, KENMAS HERE!" as he flipped the camera, you saw a raging kenma trying to figure out how to change the settings of hiko's tablet, after he accidentally dropped it in the water during a bath.

"oh, i see.." you replied, trying to conceal your laughter.

ushijima watched the way you smiled when talking to the little boy. even though he stayed silent, you knew he really wanted to say hi to hiko. you felt kind of bad.

when you faced the camera towards ushijima, hiko gasped, "DA- USHIII!!"

"wakahiko." ushijima greeted, a small smile painting across his face.

"CAN WE PLAY VOLLEYBALL AGAIN? PLEASEE?!" hiko beamed.

"it's not up to me, but i'd enjoy it." ushijima responded.

you could see kuroo walking behind hiko, scrunching his face at ushijima.

when the call finally ended, you couldn't help but notice the remaining smile on ushijima's face. you had to admit, it was kinda cute.

"he's a good kid." he complimented, you responding with a nod.

ushijima wanted to bring up the conversation that he had been thinking about ever since he realized that he was hiko's biological father, but he just didnt know how.

"hey, how do you keep your home so.. untouched?" you asked, interrupting the thoughts that were clouding his brain.

"actually, it is untouched," he said, glancing around his abode, "i live alone, and i'm usually not lying around."

must be lonely.

once there was nothing to talk about, you went on your phone as he left to take a shower. despite the gruge you held against him, you were thankful. if he didn't offer to help, you probably would've still been stuck outside.

as you watched raindrops run down the large window, you felt your eyes get heavier and heavier, until you fell asleep on the soft leather couch.

IM BACK and writing again 😋

sorry for being gone for so long, i was super busy and had writers block

ALSO HELLO 191K READS 😟 ???!//?/?

i was reading comments in the last chapter and yall are fr DOWN COLOSSALLY 🙁

anyways i wanna make a semi eita timeskip fic so bad where he's in a band and he's this huge dickhead, player, sexy guitarist, #famechangedme😪💔 typa guy but i feel like it would be very out of character. IDK LMK AND ALSO GIVE BAND NAME SUGGESTIONS CAUSE I WANNA START WRITING IT LIKE RN

AND FOR THE MFS HATING ON WAKAHIKO'S NAME, i named him that so i could recreate/rewrite this one part from the manga. also (maybe spoilers) he's prob gonna be called ushiwaka in the future or smtg like that, SO STOP SLANDERING HIS NAME 😒✊

comment & vote