Chapter 1

If you haven't read BOOK ONE 'Smile' I highly recommend you read that first. Vote, comment, and share! Enjoy. ⚠️ trigger warning ⚠️
______________________________________

"School went better than expected today." I smiled at Luka. "You're right." Luka and I were playing video games in my bedroom. "Adrien I'm home! Someone wants to say hello to you." Nathalie yelled. "Huh?" I looked at Luka and I took his hand out of my bedroom. "Hello, Adrien." Emile smiled slightly holding Nathalie's hand. "H-huh? Mother?" My eyes watered and Luka looked at me squeezing my hand.

"B-but how? You were missing! I thought you died." I cried and hugged her. "I'm here now Adrien." She kissed my head. Luka stood watching us he wasn't sure how he felt about it all. He did think something was suspicious. When I held her I looked at my hand. I automatically let go. "My ring! Why haven't I noticed this sooner? It's missing!" I freaked out. "Don't worry Adrien we'll find it," Luka whispered to me. "Oh about that. You won't be getting this back." Nathalie held it. "N-Nathalie?" My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. "It's the best for you, honey. We want you kids safe." Mom said holding Ladybug's earrings. I wanted to puke. "Ladybug! You didn't hurt her, did you? This is all my fault!" I cried. Luka held me. "How could you do this to him!" He yelled at Nathalie and mom.

"No, she didn't." Mom said. "Why did you take them?!" I yelled. "To bring back your mother, aren't you happy?" Nathalie said. "Does father know?" I asked. "About that..." They both looked at one another.

"Your father is dead."

My heart dropped. Father is dead??? MY FATHER IS DEAD??? We didn't have the best relationship, but I never wanted this. "AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?" I was so angry. "I brought back your mother's life Adrien. It cost someone else's." Nathalie cleared her throat. "So you killed him," I said in disbelief. "Not exactly-" "YOU KILLED FATHER, HOW DARE YOU?! I never wanted things to end up this way. I hate you both!" I ran out.

"I hope you're proud of yourselves," Luka said. He left to find me.

Time Skip

I stood on a bridge later that night. Oh, how beautiful the sea was, no problems at all underneath. The sky was also beautiful, happy bird families fly by and stars are looking gorgeous. To be on a cloud is a dream. Where there are no troubles. I want to jump into the sea of no problems. The sea of happiness. Where I could live with the fish. I wouldn't have to deal with Nathalie who betrayed me or my problematic father who I still loved to death and Luka who would be disappointed in me right now. He wouldn't want this, but I do. It's about what I want for myself. Tears ran down falling into the water. Tears would be no more in heaven. If I make it there. Or I'll make it to the gate, then get pushed into hell. Or maybe the devil will start pulling at my feet dragging me in. I won't know if I don't jump now. I took a deep breath.

"3...2...1-" "NOOO!"

I freaked out and accidentally fell in. The water felt endless, I wasn't a good swimmer so coming up wasn't a possibility for me. The fish looked miserable, some getting eaten by others. It wasn't nearly as nice as I'd expected it to be. It's better than it was out there though.

Splash

Luka's pov.

I wanted to help him get past his depression and suicidal thoughts. It'll be impossible if horrible things keep happening to him though. I run after Adrien on my bike when I finally find him he's about to jump off the bridge. Many suicides happen here, it's pretty often. I wonder why he chose this spot. I ran towards him. "NOOO!" Adrien fell in and without a second thought, I jumped in with him.

I'm not good at swimming, but I'm learning if I have to save him. I grabbed his waist. He was so far in I wasn't sure I was going to make it myself. I was running out of breath. There is no way we were surviving, if I make it up at all Adrien will most likely already be dead. This swim felt like forever, It looked like we were still years away. After swimming and swimming and swimming I actually made it up.

I coughed uncontrollably as I made it onto the bridge with Adrien. I thought that was the end of me. There was no way I was ready to die. There's still so much things in this world I haven't seen. My eyes watered looking at Adrien. I couldn't believe this happened again, atleast this time he didn't do it infront of me. I placed my lips along his hoping he'll be okay. "Adrien not now...not yet." I begged. He coughed. Adrien probably had so much water in him that he could drown in his sleep. My eyes widened hearing him cough. I doubted he was going to live again. He didn't have the strength to open his eyes or speak which fucking scared me.

I put him on my bike quickly and tied my sweater around our waists so he wouldn't fall off. "Don't worry Adrien I'll get you to the hospital soon." I reassured him. If only he could hear me. I never biked faster in my life, this was important. Adrien was important. There was no way I was letting him go, no matter how many times he tried to kill himself or give up. I'll be here to try and prevent that. I'm clearly not doing a good enough job, but it will not happen again. I peddled until we reached the nearest hospital. I parked my biked somewhere with a chain, and got off carrying Adrien with me.