Chapter Seven

Billie's POV:

***

"Baby, I'm home" I shout through the house, removing my shoes and placing them near the door.

"In the kitchen" she yells back, mid sentence from talking to Lili.

My face lights up with excitement every time I have been away and I come home to my girls. I can hear sweet little baby talk, it makes my heart clench.

"Okay I just gotta pee" I reply.

I run upstairs to our bedroom, closing the door. Needing to use the bathroom is far from the truth. Especially, because if it was, we have multiple downstairs, but let's not make this too complicated.

I bought an engagement ring today.

I pull out the blue velvet box, circling it in my fingers as I look around the room trying to find a place Vi wouldn't check anytime soon.

Pacing back and forth I find the perfect place, quite literally just in time for the door to open. Lili on Violetta's hip as she gives me a quizzical look.

"What cha doin?" The sing-song way she says it making me on edge a thousand times more.

How does she know everything?

"Nothing baby, just finished in the bathroom" I shrug walking closer to her.

"We going downstairs?" I let myself keep talking quickly, getting her out of the room sounds like the best idea.

"Sure, here take her" Vi says passing our daughter to me.

"She's getting heavy" she continues, giggling.

"Aww is mama calling you heavy my little chubby cheeks princess" I coo in baby talk holding Lili above me. I watch the way she beams at me, her little cheeks showing two adorable dimples.

I love her more every second.

"She looks more like you each day Bil" Vi speaks softly, watching our interaction.

"I can't deny that, she's pretty damn cute" I wink.

"You're so full of yourself babe" she giggles at me again. I could never get over that sound.

"I know, but you love it and I love you" I say leaning over and kissing my girlfriend sweetly.

"I love you too" she replies, kissing me again.

"Okay who's hungry" Vi announces and starts walking downstairs.

"I am, but not for food" I smirk.

"Baby" Vi shakes her head laughing.

"Whatttt" I draw out the word. It's true, but I'll deal with that urge later, I really do want food.

***

Violetta's POV:

Billie has been acting weird, well, weird if I didn't know what she was hiding.

I think she forgets how much I know her. How intently I am trained to look for people's behaviour patterns and how they portray life in general, not to mention she is the most important person in my life along with Lili, I know her every move before she even makes it. Nevertheless, I know she is going to propose to me.

I am crazy in love with Billie, I have been since before I knew it myself. I know people say they hope it doesn't change your relationship when you get married, and I am usually the one on the other side saying that's not possible, but what if it is? What if after all Billie and I have gone through leads to nothingness. A life of navigating child arrangements and sitting on the other side of the room at school events and dance classes, trying to be civil. It would be so hard to try and navigate if something did turn sour.

"You're doing it again" Maddy says, pulling me from my thoughts.

I invited her out to a cafe to try and clear my mind, but clearly it's having the opposite effect.

"Huh? What?" I stumble on my words.

"Oh please, your overthinking face is totally noticeable" she dramatically rolls her eyes.

"Mama is going crazy, isn't she my little angel" Maddy has Lili on her lap. She's such a damn softy for her, who knew she would use baby talk after years of saying how much she dislikes kids.

In her defence, she told us that someone has to be the fun Aunt because we are not cool parents.

"Billie's planning on proposing" I blurt out.

"Well, yeah?" She replies, not taking her eyes off the baby girl in front of her.

"Why did you say it like that?" I question picking up my coffee cup to take a sip as she shrugs her shoulders.

"Why wouldn't she propose? You are both in love and have a child, isn't that how life works Vi?" She replies, looking up at me now.

"You knew, didn't you?" I question after studying her face for a couple of seconds.

"Of course I knew, you forget she's my client now, and I just broke privilege so don't say shit" she half laughs, both knowing Maddy knows where the line is, client or not, Billie and I are very grateful for Maddy's friendship and we trust her judgement.

"She told me a while ago, but not in therapy" She continues to answer my unasked questions.

"Hmm" I hum in response, going back to my thoughts.

"Wait. You do want to marry her, right?" Her tone now more hushed as she leans over the small table towards me.

"What, yes, of course I do" I answer quickly, shock evident in my voice that she would even ask that.

"Then what's the damn issue? Why aren't you beaming with happiness that you are going to be the future Mrs. Eilish?" Her tone still hushed as we are in public.

That was a feat in itself to go out, I chose a small unknown cafe much to Billie's dissatisfaction anyway, beside the point, we shouldn't be having this conversation in public but I need to get it out of my head.

"I don't want it to change what we have, we are in such a good place" I sigh, resting my hand under my chin.

"Love is what you have, and if you both work on that constantly, nothing will change" she says giving me a comforting smile.

"I have to get back to the office" she continues, looking at the time on her phone.

"Yeah, of course" I stand up taking my daughter from her arms, and giving my best friend a hug.

"I mean, shit, if you don't want her I'm sure there's quite literally a million other people who will fill your spot V" she winks and nods her head towards the door, now flooded with more paps and fans then five minutes ago.

I laugh at her words and shake my head.

I do love her very much, I need to let life take its course.

***

A/N:

I'm sorry it's taken so long to update.

What's your favourite song of HTE?
Mine is probably Halley's Comet, but changes dependant on my mood.

*UPDATE: it's been two days and "I didn't change my number" is stuck in my head!

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting blah blah love y'all ❤️