"Please excuse me,Kainene" A firm voice drew me out of my extreme concentration and although showing some hesitance,I finally looked up to Dunni who now stood before me. "Yes" I replied. "Please I want to...." I didnt need to wait to hear her excuse as to why she needed to leave the class before dismissing her,returning ever so quickly to my books.

          It hadn't been up to another good ten minutes before Jade's voice impinged on my ears. "Kainene baby,how are you?" She grinned,taking a seat beside me. My brows furrowed as I glanced her way. "I'm fine oh,have you finished ditching me for Yomi?" I attempted guilt tripping her.

        "Ah na,you know it's not like that. I wasn't even with him sef. Is it not you that just left the refectory without even telling us anything" she charged back. "You guys were busy na,I'm not sure if I've even seen Onome since afternoon prep" I told her.

         "Me neither" Jade shrugged in response. I didnt know if it was just me,but there seemed to be a twitch in Onome's attitude lately. She was quieter,a little bit too quiet infact and she was always missing and the few times I'd spotted her with Aimua,there was always this strange emotion that clouded her eyes,one I was yet to find words to describe.

         "Are you reading?" Jade pushed on,causing me to turn to her. "No Jade,how can I be reading? Can't you see I'm frying garri?" I feigned a smile at her,my sarcasm indicating how silly her question was. "Stop na,I only wanted to know if you were reading serious reading before I ask you something" she explained after letting out a small laugh.

        "Obviously I'm reading seriously,abi is there any fake reading again?" I questioned her again. "Oya don't worry. Can you follow me to assembly ground?" She finally laid her request down.

        "Oh God! Jade,dont tell me you walked all the way here to make me follow you to the assembly ground" I grumbled. "Its scary to go alone na..." she sulked. "Oh na,why didnt you ask Yomi to follow you?"I retorted.

         "I told you I wasn't with him na"she reminded. After a lot of grumbling and extra pleading from Jade's end,I ended up trailing beside Jade,her arm linked in mine as we walked down the corridor.

        "What are you even going to do there?"  I questioned,realising the weirdness of her request. "Em...I...I want to look for something..." she stuttered,causing me to throw her a sceptical gaze. "Seriously,I think I dropped Oghale's jotter this morning at the assembly" she quickly explained.

          Even though I hadnt been totally convinced as I'd started having qualms as to her real intentions of having me escort her,recalling the last time she'd used this same excuse on me,I let the topic die as we exited the school building and approached the assembly ground.

          "So we have to look for the jotter right?" I inquired,looking to Jade as we walked to the middle of the well-lit assembly ground. It was located to before  the laboratory building hence two of its sides being bordered by two corridors of the three-floored storey building behind it.

          When I got no reply from her,I furrowed my brows,following her line of vision and spotting two strangely familiar figures seated on a bench to a corner of the corridor before us,seeming engrossed in whatever they were saying to each other.

          My curiosity deepened spontaneously as I found my feet taking me closer towards them until I was close enough to identify them but far enough from the light to remain hidden from them.

         My brows bobbed up as I watched Daryl and Dunni,seated in the middle of what I would call nowhere and talking about God knows what. My fingers coiled into my palm as I watched them,another peculiar feeling attacking me,to think I'd put myself through so much trying to believe his words,to think I'd actually began to consider him.