Chapter XVI

Kainene

          "So you're here madam" Daryl chuckled,giving a light kick to one of the legs of my chair. "You now want to make me fall?" I mused. "I didnt even kick the chair that hard" he laughed,hooking one of his legs to my chair and giving it a tilt.

        "Jesus,Daryl!" I exclaimed as he turned and pulled my chair closer to him with just one leg,making me jerk forward but he was quick to stable me,taking my hands in his. "You're as light as a feather,see how I'm moving you with one leg" he teased,an amused smirk gracing his lips.

         "I ask again,is that why you want to kill me?" I questioned,breaking away from his hold as the slight shock subsided. "Do I have mind? To kill fine girl like you" he teased again.

         "Daryl please leave me,I dont have your energy this evening" I shrugged his comment off with a light smile,shrugging his comment off. "Seriously Kainene,were you always this fine?" He questioned,making my brows furrow.

          "I dont understand,what's that meant to mean?" I queried. "Its not my fault that you never had eyes before" I told him,crossing my legs as I did,the gesture making my comment seem more sassy that planned.

         "Chai,I've suffered" he laughed at my reply,my lips carved into a small smile watching him. "Dont you want to go back to your game?" I inquired,even though a small part of me did want to spend time with him. Talking with him always seemed to elevate my mood in a funny way,except the times he annoyed me though.

         "I wasnt even that interested in it" he told me,glancing to the stage as the players who had been playing finished their game and a new set of players took over. "You that has been cheering for them since they started" I argued.

        He looked to me,smiling as he observed me. "What?" I queried,eyeing him. "Kainene,its like you like observing me" he mused,earning an eye roll from me. "Everybody is not like you Daryl,I'm not a stalker" I told him with a shrug.

         "Okay,no wahala" he chuckled. "No wahala" I repeated,with another shrug. "Kainene,we're going to school block o,shey you'll escort her back to hostel Daryl?" Oghale told us as she and Temi took to their feet.

          "Ah,Kainene you're here?" Temi directed at me. "How will you notice my prescence when you're busy talking to Oghale? But its fine" I gave a sarcastic smile. "Ah naw,my love...you know it's not like that.." Temi laughed,coming up to my side.

          "Dont 'my love' me abeg,come and be going"I told him,waving him off. "Ahah na,Kainene I'm sorry" he apologised. "Oya I've heard,let me not interrupt you people" I told him,wiggling my brows at Oghale to which she gave off a sheepish smile.

         "Thank you. Daryl,make sure you take care of my baby girl o" Temi told us as he and Oghale started making out of the auditorium. "She's in perfectly good hands" Daryl smiled at me.

          "What's amusing this one?" I chuckled,taking to my feet. "Nothing,where are you going? The game is not yet over" he told me,pulling me back down on my seat. "I thought you weren't interested" I grumbled.

          "After this game,please let me just watch this one to the end" So ensued my fifteen minute long wait,and just when I was about to give up waiting for him,the game was concluded.

          "Kainene,you're so impatient" Darly laughed as we walked out the doors of the hall. "Because you're not the one that's cold and tired" I defended.

         "How wont you be tired? Have you eaten anything today?" He interrogated,an act which caused a strange nervous impulse to run through me. "Its true sef,I didnt even see you in ref today" he added.