Rosé ☆ Must've Been The Wind

Start from the beginning

"Come on, that lamb is raw!" They shout at the TV, just as Gordon Ramsay says the same thing and reprimands the terrified chef. Ah yes, Hell's Kitchen. One of your favorite shows to watch together.

You laugh, bringing the last bite of lo mein up to your lips with your chopsticks.

After finishing off the crab rangoon that you were sharing, your friend looks up at you.

"Y/N/N..."

"What do you want?" You say, pretending to be annoyed already.

"Do you have any dessert?"

You purse your lips, taking a moment to think. "Mmm, you're out of luck, bud. I'm pretty sure there's a snack bar in the lobby, though, if you wanna give your girl some money to grab something." You bat your eyelashes at them.

They groan, but ultimately decide that they'd rather get a treat than go without. "Fine," they huff, reaching towards the coffee table for their wallet. "You know what I like."

You nod, taking the cash from their hand before standing up. They yell a thank you to you as you unlock the door, and you blow them a kiss in return.

--

Rows of shelves greet you as you enter the room, all filled to the brim with just about any snack you could think of. Sweet, savory, spicy, sour -- they just about have it all. The back wall of the convenient room is made up of a few refrigerators, stocked with soda, water, dairy products, and other staples. The check-out desk at the front has other essentials that you might be in need of, and you're thankful for this little place. It puts you at ease, in the case that you forgot something at home.

You scan the aisles until you come across the candy, and soon your arms are full of all of your friend's favorite sweets. Thankfully you have a lot in common with them -- you love a lot of the same foods, so you're essentially shopping for the both of you.

"Where are you?" You ask yourself under your breath, now standing in front of the frozen section. Your eyes search the contents of the freezer, eventually landing on your prized possession. "Aha!" You exclaim, overjoyed.

Your fingers come in contact with the box of ice cream bars, and you're quick to snatch them up. It's been a while since you've had them, so to say you're excited is an understatement.

-

"Will this be all?" The attendant politely asks as he finishes scanning your items. You check over them one more time, but your eyes widen as you realize you forgot your friend's all time favorite treat.

"One more thing, sorry!" You apologize, speeding back down to the candy aisle. A woman stands in the middle, right in front of the area you need to get to. She looks a bit timid as her eyes scan the shelves, and she toys with her fingers habitually.

"Excuse me," you say softly, stepping past her to reach for a bag of gummy bears.

She subtly flinches at the close contact, and you furrow your brows as you stand back up. Her gaze, once trained on the floor, now meets your own.

She's absolutely stunning.

Her blonde hair falls against her shoulders in perfect waves, and a couple strands come forward to frame her face. A few stray freckles trail across her nose and cheeks, paired with a beautiful rosey blush. She's adorable, and you feel your lips turn up into a small smile at the sight of her.

"I'm sorry," she apologizes almost immediately, as if it's out of habit; her eyes dart back down to the floor, and you feel your heart break at her actions.