Cheap Thrills

Song is Cheap Thrills (Performance Edit) by Sia. All the outfits mentioned come from various tweets by Dokki, Ruv's inspired by the Shama posts and Sarv's from a one-off redraw they did a while ago. Dotemms SCREAMED during this chapter, I hope the rest of you like it as much as the beta reader did. :)

THREE, TWO, ONE...

----------

  Ruv woke slowly, languidly, the sound of birds outside the window rousing him from his sleep. The smell of peony shampoo filled his nose, a warm and heavy weight on his chest and arm. Cracking open his eye, the sun blinded him temporarily until his vision adjusted and he saw Sarv curled against him, one arm around his neck and the hand of the other pressed over his heart and very very close. Her legs had entwined with his in her sleep, completely pressing herself against him and trapping him with her in the bed.

  He hitched his breath as she sighed, her grip tightening, and knew he was a goner. Unless he wanted to wake her, he couldn't move. And if he was being honest, moving was quickly becoming the last thing he wanted as her face grew closer to his, her nose brushing his cheek. Alarm bells were going off in his head, telling him to get the hell away before he did something he was going to regret. Still a small part of him wanted to stay still and see...

  Click.

  "Nice! Caught you in 4K. You ain't slick."

  He flew from the bed in an ungraceful heap, Sarv merely mumbling in her sleep and rolling over, and glared at the door. Sel and Ras stood there, his hand covering his sister's eyes as he held a cheap point-and-click camera in hand, smirking at Ruv. Ruv gritted his teeth and held out his hand.

  "Give me the camera."

  Selever stuck out his tongue. "I'll give you the camera and let you delete this if you do something for me first, Dad." He removed his hand from his sister's eyes. "Ras, get out."

  She crossed her arms. "Bad enough you covered my eyes, now you're ordering me around? Give me one good reason why I should listen."

  He rolled his eyes. "It's guy stuff, you really wanna stick around for that?"

  She wrinkled her nose. "Fine. But you owe me."

  She turned on her heel and walked off. Ruv crossed his arms and regarded his son warily. "What do you want?"

  Sel raised an eyebrow and started flipping through the camera's memory. "Oh, it's only a little thing, barely a thing really."

  "Start talking."

  "See, I want you and Mom to get together," he replied, smirk growing wider. "But I don't really want to make it easy for you. So I propose a challenge."

  "Sel, I swear to fuck if you don't get to the point..."

  "I want you to take Mom on a date."

  Ruv's eyebrows shot up. "...A date."

  "Yes."

  "As in going out."

  "Mmmmmhmmmm!"

  "As in-"

  "Dinner, candlelight, all that."

  Ruv leaned back against the wall. "What's the catch?"

  Sel studied his father a moment. "...No catch. Just take her out and show her a good time."

  He leaned against the door frame. "You don't have to tell her it's a date, necessarily. But things with you two are going too slowly. I know you've started noticing her."