Chapter 21 (18+) 🍋

Start from the beginning

Courier flinches away as to not let her see the scars.

Courier looks away from Elda in shame. He hates it every time he see his scars because it's horrifying to look at. The slashes, the tears, the punctures, the shears.

Courier can hear the rustling of bed sheets with the sounds of the foam pressing on the bed. He felt a warm soft sensation on his back, feeling the scars.

Elda: What happened..

Admiral Elda asked with demand.

Courier didn't reply. 

Elda: Courier, how did you get these scars?

Courier only grits his teeth until he was forced to look at Elda as she moved his head to make him face her.

Elda: Please...I need to know.. 

Elda had tears on her face as Courier felt guilt. 

Elda: Courier... tell me.

Courier: ...It was torture. 

Courier finally answers, causing Elda to gasp.

Courier: Ever since Operation Turning Tide, the Tritons were desperate in turning the tide of the war to their favor. To do this, they decided to experiment on live subjects to test their latest discoveries. I, unfortunately, was one of them. Every time my fleet entered combat, the Tritons attempted at every encounter to capture me and bring me to their labs. They, unfortunately, did when my friend Eden and I were captured at the Arctic Circle.

Elda: N-No... t-that's..

Courier: Horrible. Every day in the hellhole known as Vorkuta Gulag, they would torture and experiment on me. Injecting strange substances, whipping, slashing, beating, you name it. The pain may be gone but the scars remains, even my mental health was badly damaged. I still get nightmares from it, it scares me.

Courier clenches his fist and tears start rolling as he sobs. He starts bawling, putting his hands on his face to wipe away the pained tears. He only felt anguish and disgust from it.

But then, an embrace captures him as his sobbing comes to a halt.

Elda: I-I'm so sorry...

Elda cries on Courier's shoulder.

Courier: A-Admiral...?

Elda: I never knew that you suffered that much. I'm so sorry. 

Elda sobbed as she hugs Courier tighter.

Courier: Why are you apologizing admiral? 

Elda: Because I wasn't there to help you when you needed it the most.

Elda replied which genuinely shocked Courier.

Courier: W-What?

Elda: Courier.

Elda grabbed Courier's face.

Elda: You don't know how much you changed my life the moment we met, Courier. 

Elda moves in closer, smiling with tears.

Elda: Even when you suffered so much more than me, you still pushed yourself to help me when I was in need. I love you Courier. And if I know that you are suffering from your past, then I would damn do everything to make you forget all the pain and give you all the happiness you deserve.

Elda leans in and kisses Courier. 

Elda: Forget about all of it and let out all your urges. Feel me.