"He's not my pal or my friend," I corrected curtly.

"Then what is he to you?" Bun asked with knitted brows.

I ignored him, now remembering my anger from the bus. "Care to explain why you were talking to him?" I asked Tan. My chin narrowed to him daringly.

"He looked like fun to talk to," Tan said casually.

"If you go up to him again, I'll cut your fucking balls off and shove them down your throat," I threatened Tan tonelessly. I tried to keep my face relaxed.

Tan laughed. "Possessive much?"

Bun shook his head but looked at my curiously.

Whose side are you on?

"It's not about possession. I don't want past shit mingling with the present," I said.

Porsche wasn't something to possess. But his role in my life was too big of a part to get Tan involved.

"Ouch, I'm just a past to you," Tan said. He quivered his lower lip and gave me saddened eyes. Just as quickly as his look came, it vanished and turned into a playful smile. His gaze wandered to the table. He picked up the menu and began inspecting it.

"I like to keep things separate," I explained. I leaned against the cushy booth and rested my arm on the back of it.

"You never answered my question," Bun said.

What did he ask? I thought back.

What is Porsche to me?

Did I lie or dare to tell them the truth?

"He's just some dimwit senior I had to babysit for an evening," I said.

"Porsche is his name, right? That's what Tan told me," Bun said.

Porsche really shouldn't have told him his name.

"Actually, he lied about that. His real name is Jom," I lied. I kept a straight expression and reached out to pick up the glass of red wine that I'd ordered before they'd arrived. I snuck a sip, allowing the tart taste to swim in my fiery mouth.

Tan licked his lips and set the menu down. He looked at me speculatively. "Lying for him too? Are you getting feelings for him?" he teased.

Hell no.

I shook my head. "Believe what you want. I'm just telling you the truth." I carefully twirled the glass in my palm and admired the dark drink crashing into clear walls.

Bun nodded. "Well, what's this Jom guy like?"

If only they knew.

"Relentless. The guy hates my guts," I said.

"Why does he hate you?" Tan asked. His raised eyebrow didn't indicate confusion but rather interest. He seemed surprised by my claim.

"Because for the first time in his life, he's encountered someone better than him, and he can't stand it," I said bitterly.

"I'm sure he's not that bad," Bun said.

Tan offered the menu to him, but Bun set it on the table and softly said, "You know what to get me."

"A week ago, I had to buy him shoes. He refused to wear any because he felt I owed him," I said.

Complaining about Porsche took this weighted anguish from my mind and dispersed it out into the world. After having to keep his annoyances to myself, I was relieved to have impartial friends to rant to.