09| My Special Maid.

Start from the beginning

He handed it to Ace and said: "Here, go and change. Fast,"

Ace raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Oh, let me guess. You don't even know what's going on." Ace nodded at Ember's guess.

"Father is making an important announcement and he wants his sons to be present but unfortunately, his first two sons are already fifteen minutes late. And I'm sure he doesn't want to see the crown prince showing up in the court room wearing. . .this" Ember sighed and gestured to Ace's clothing, which was, a ruffled shirt, its half of the buttons opened, revealing his chest.

Ace looked down, gripped his shirt, analysing what was wrong with his shirt. When he didn't find anything wrong about it and was about to speak, Ember threw the vest to him, making him instantly catch it.

The great Ember finally landed his great eyes on me and using his great mouth, he finally uttered the great words that I greatly wanted to hear. "Oh, you can speak now." I scoffed and sighed in relief.

"Father wants us to be present in his announcement? All of us? Including me?" Ace rose his eyebrows in disbelief. "Now that's something new," he jutted his lips and observed his vest.

"So, what is his daft announcement about?" he asked, folding his vest and draping it on his arm.

Ember closed his eyes in exasperation, calming himself down and wetting his lips, he said: "The daft announcement is about me!"

Ace realised what he just said and opened his mouth to say something but instantly closed it. "I- I'll get change. Forget what I said." And with that being said, he marched off towards the restroom, not letting Ember say anything else.

I tried my best to hold my laugh and succeeded by looking here and there and placing a first in my mouth while Ember huffed, patting his foot on the ground.

"So, will I be accompanying you both in your way to the throne room?" I asked, breaking the silence between us.

"Although I'd say no, but I'm sure you'll make me say yes somehow-- because as much as I know you, you aren't someone who'd stay in a room for thirty minutes without doing anything reckless, right?" Ember faced me with an eyebrow raised.

"Precisely, Your Highness," I smiled cheekily with a tad bow and he nodded.

"You can't just come with us--not when you're not a maid or guard as that will make everyone suspicious about you and the guards might just throw you out of the palace for trespassing. So, I've something for you which will not make you suspicious at all and you can accompany us without any fear," Ember explained while I paid no attention to him.

"Just get to the point, will you?" I yawned.

"In other words, you can't accompany us without a disguise."

"Disguise, hmm? Sounds exciting!" I exclaimed.

"Exciting? If they find out who you are or your whereabouts, you might get a death sentence for violating the rules and I can't help you then," Ember shrugged.

"That's what it makes exciting!" I threw my hands in the air. "So what kind of disguise will I be in?" I smiled at him but seeing him smirking for the first time made my smile disappear and it turned into a frown.

"A guard?" I guessed, knowing the fact it wasn't right.

"A female guard is highly infrequent in this palace and it'll only draw more attention to you which we don't want." Ember pointed out, his smirk deceased.

"Then a Dame?" I guessed again.

"Same goes with Dame. Most are Knights." Ember reasoned.

"Then what?" I was losing my patience and was getting mad.