Chapter 26: Specter

Start from the beginning

She walked back towards him. "Here's how this is going to work. We're going to ask a question, and you're going to answer."

"And if you give us an answer we don't like." Sombra transformed the previous shard. It grew longer, the blade curved. "Luna is going to use this."

Sombra placed a wicked-looking carving knife in her hand. He whispered something inaudible in her ear, before drawing away.

"I think it's only fair you get to have him. He is your political rival after all."

"Shit," Specter cursed. Did Sombra know what they were up to? Probably not. He was acting perfectly normal with Luna. He just really wanted to see her torture him. What a sadist.

"Shit is right," Luna covered for him. "I love my knives."

Sombra kissed her on the lips. "You'll do great."

How unprofessional of him. Who kisses their girlfriend during an interrogation?

More importantly, how were they supposed to continue with the plan now? Sombra was supposed to be doing the torturing.

Don't worry, I got this. Luna mouthed, twirling the knife in her fingers.

They went through dozens of questions. Names, dates, strategies. He provoked Luna to use the knife a few times. It wasn't very hard. Specter couldn't even imagine what his appearance looked like by now.

Sombra seemed to have no intention of using any sort of magic whatsoever, standing a few feet back and watching Luna with pride.

"Are you gonna actually do shit, or just stand there watching your girlfriend kick my ass?" Specter taunted.

A small smile played on Sombra's lips. "Luna is much more entertaining than I am."

"I'm really not," Luna disagreed. "This is nothing compared to Nightmare Spells."

"Continue on, Luna," Sombra advised. "I want you to have this moment."

"Ok, but if you want to take over, just tell me."

Eight questions later, Luna fainted.

She crumpled to the ground surprisingly gracefully, Sombra lunging forward to catch her.

"Luna!" Specter could hear the worry in his voice. He set her down, cradling her head. "Luna, wake up."

He tapped her. "Luna, wake up!" He shook her gently, once. Twice. Each one got harder. Specter thought he saw true panic in Sombra's eyes.

Her lashes fluttered and she opened her eyes groggily. "Where am I?"

"The dungeons. You were interrogating Specter, and then you fainted," Sombra filled her in.

"Oh..." she tried to get up, pushing herself onto her elbows. It looked too easy.

Fall back to the ground weakly. Specter used his ability.

"I'll support you," Sombra offered, picking her up. "Are you ok?"

He set her down. She held his upper arm for support. "I don't feel so good....I really don't know what happened..."

"Maybe you should go upstairs and get some rest." Sombra doted on her. Specter felt a twinge of jealousy. No one had ever talked to him that way, cared about him so much when he got injured.

"Can I just get one last shot in?" Luna almost begged.

"Are you sure?" Sombra asked. "You literally just fainted."