Chapter 12

I had one arm around Castael and one arm around Mo as I stumbled to our dorm. They put me on the couch and Mo sat next to me while Castael rushed around. I gazed at Mo and noticed something different about her. She was almost glowing. 

"What did you do?" I asked.  

"I killed Kushiel," she stated blankly. Castael came back with a damp cloth to put on my forehead. I pushed it off immediately and looked hard at Mo. 

"What did you do?" I repeated.  

Castael didn't fight me when he heard that. He looked at Mo, too, and studied her. She looked between us and then sighed.  

"I gave her life," she said.  

"What?" I asked. 

Castael put a hand on my shoulder. "She gave you life. Which means she should be dead." 

"I was dead," Mo said. "I died when I gave her life." 

"Then how are you here?" Castael asked. 

"God came to me," she said. 

"Don't blaspheme," Castael chastised her.  

"I'm not!" she defended. "He came to me and told me I did well." 

She looked between us again. Then her eyes settled on Castael.  

"He gave me my halo," she said, her eyes shining.  

Castael sat for a moment soaking in what she just said. Then he stood up slowly and embraced her in a hug. "You got your halo!" 

I could hear the pride in his voice.  

"Wait," I stopped them. "What does that mean?"  

"It means she's been accepted into heaven," Castael said.  

"Wait, so you weren't before?" I asked. 

"No, Nephilim aren't pure so they aren't accepted," Mo replied. 

"Until now," Castael kissed her on the forehead and smiled.  

Mo leaned down and put a wet cloth on my forehead.  

"What do we do now?" I asked. "We've killed the man who was going to kill me, Mo is accepted into Heaven, what do we do now?" 

"I go home," Mo said after a long pause. 
"Home? Where's home?" I asked. 

"In the future. Where I came from." 

"You come from me!" I said. 

"Yeah, future you," she replied.  

"So you're leaving?" I asked. 

"Don't worry, I'll only be gone for a few  years," she said. 

"But you'll be a baby first, then you'll have to grow up, you won't even know what's coming for you," I replied. 

"Mom. You've told me this story for years and years. I'm pretty sure, the moment I came out the womb, you told me this story. You'll be telling it to me again and again. I knew what was coming, I just didn't know how." She smiled at me warmly. 

"I won't be seeing you for another twenty-five years," I said. 

"Mom, I going to be born in five years!" She sounded offended. 

"I mean this you, the you that will know what happened," I said. 

"You won't even know I was gone," she smiled. 

"You're going to play a trick on me?" I asked. 

"You already know so it won't be that much of a trick," she laughed. 

"How will you get back?" I asked. 

"It's not that hard. Angels have the ability to time travel and I just happened to be one of the few Nephilim to inherit that trait," she said. 

"So you can go right now?" I asked. 

She nodded. 

"You're going right now?" I teared up a little. 

"The sooner the better." 

"So this is it?" I asked.  

"No, not forever." We had a short cliché moment and then we had a group hug.  

She stepped away from us and smiled sweetly at us. There was a whispered "I love you," between all of us and then there was a bright light and she was gone. It wasn't like teleporting, I could feel her existence fade from this time.  

When I saw her 24 years later, she was different from when I knew her before but she was the same. It was a strange difference, so subtle, but she was still my own flesh and blood. The only difference was that she had a scar right above her right eye brow. I later found out it was from her fight with Kushiel in that time. 

SORRY THIS TOOK SOOOOO LONG! BUT HERE IT IS AND YES THIS IS THE END. I'M SORRY IT'S NOT EVERYTHING I LED IT ON TO BE. I'LL TRY TO FIX IT ONE DAY. BUT I'M STARTING A NEW STORY AND I DON'T KNOW HOW Y'ALL WILL LIKE IT. I HOPE Y'ALL ENJOYED THIS EVEN A LITTLE BIT!

KISSES - A