Doc's Backstory

[McQueen and the whole of then follow Doc as they arrive back in Radiator Springs. As Doc goes left on the crossroad back to his garage, McQueen and the whole team stop as the tractors drive along in a lineup with Mater behind. Tractors mooing. Mater hitting the back tractor with his hook]

Tow Mater: Giddy-up right in there! Come on, Rusty. WHEE-HE!

Lightning McQueen: [McQueen and the whole team eventually catch up with Doc as he drives into his garage.] Doc, hold it! Seriously, your driving's incredible!

Doc Hudson: Wonderful. Now, go away.

Woofster: [as he and the whole team drive into the garage] Hey, he means it. You've still got it!

Doc Hudson: I'm asking you all to leave.

Lightning McQueen: Come on. I'm a race car, you're a much older race car, but under the hood you and I are the same.

Doc Hudson: We are not the same! Understand? Now, get out. [drives out of his garage]

Lucky: How could a car like you quit at the top of your game?

Doc Hudson: [pauses] You think I quit? [Doc then presses a button on the garage floor to turn on a light beside our heroes, who then look to see a newspaper's front page on the wall saying "Crash! Hudson Hornet out for season".]

Rolly: Right. Your big wreck in '54.

Doc Hudson: They quit on me, when I finally got put together, I went back expecting a big welcome, you know what they said? "You're history", moved right on to the next rookie standing in line, there was a lot left in me, I never got a chance to show 'em, I keep that, to remind me never to go back, I just never expected that that world would find me here.

Lightning McQueen: Hey, look, Doc, We're not 'em.

Doc Hudson: Oh, yeah?

Wallace: No, We're not.

Doc Hudson: When is the last time you cared about something except yourself, hot rods? You name me one time. And I will take it all back. [McQueen and the gang then feels ashamed.] Uh-huh? I didn't think so. [to McQueen and the gang, who then feels ashamed again] These are good folk around here, who care about one another. I don't want 'em depending on someone they can't count on.

Lucky: Oh, like you? You've been here how long and your friends don't even know who you are? [Doc then looks hurt at Lucky's fact.] Who's caring about only himself?

Doc Hudson: Just finish that road and get outta here! [drives away]