29

Soulmates aren't just lovers.

- Unknown
-

Edward stepped out of the car, rounding it quickly and opening Aris's door for her before she could, like usual.

They made their way towards the entrance of the hotel, stepping through the doors, and heading over to the concierge desk.

"Hi, we have a room that should be under the last name Shields?" She asked, the woman immediately typing on the keyboard of her computer.

"Unfortunately there's been a slight error on our end, and some things got changed around with your room. Your previous double bed room on the first floor was given to the wrong people, so in return, we just upgraded you to a king suite on the top floor. Does that work for the happy couple?" The lady's eyes flickered between both of them, false sweetness lacing her tone. Aris didn't bother correcting her, and also didn't have the energy to try and get the room switched again.

"Yeah, that's fine." She sighed, taking the key from the lady.

They made their way onto the elevator and towards their room, once they had finally arrived on the fifth floor.

"This shouldn't be a problem, since you don't sleep anyways, so I didn't bother asking her to switch it with a double bed room." She explained, opening the door to reveal the nice looking suite.

"I don't know what you mean, this bed looks pretty comfortable to me." Edward smiled innocently, flopping down on the king sized bed. "I think I'll lay here for the night."

Aris raised her eyebrows, unbelieving.

"You're kidding," she scoffed, "Edward, you are not staying there all night. Vampires can't even get uncomfortable, regardless if they're standing or sitting! I, on the other hand, actually have to sleep."

He hummed.

"I think I'm good right here actually. I won't bother you." He patted the space next to him as he scooted over, leaving the majority of the bed empty for her.

"Okay, this isn't funny anymore. I get the bed, and you can take the chair over there." She pointed to a chair beside the window on the other side of the room.

Edward thought for a moment, then shook his head, suppressing a smile.

Aris groaned, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "Well, you've given me no choice then," she sped over to the other side of him, about to yank him off the bed, but he anticipated her move faster. Edward grabbed her by her wrists, pulling her onto the bed on the opposite side of him, climbing over her and holding her hands on the mattress above her head. "Let me go!" She yelled, trying to desperately wiggle out of his grasp.

"Do you promise not to pull me off the bed?" He asked, eyebrows raised.

Her mouth formed a hard line as she shook her head no. "Just let me have the bed Edward! I don't understand why you want it so bad. It doesn't affect you either way." She whined, still thrashing under his hold as he effortlessly kept her pinned.

"Because, I enjoy getting on your nerves like this." He smirked, "Besides, why does it matter if we share the bed? It's big enough where we won't even touch, and we're just friends, right?" His tone was condescending as he used her own words against her.

Aris huffed, not wanting to surrender, but also wanting him to let her go. Edward was oblivious to the intimacy of this position, but Aris certainly wasn't. Her face was flushed as her chest rose and fell heavily, her never more grateful than she was in that moment for the fact that Edward couldn't read her mind right then.