SEVEN

"Okay Ellie just calm down. It's just Mason. Mason. The same Mason you've been best friends with for the past 5 years. It's just Mason. You'll be fine. It will be fine. He's your best friend stop freaking out about this," Ellie told herself whilst finishing straightening her hair.

It was 5:30pm the next night and Ellie was getting ready for her date with Mason. She had no idea where they were going or what they were doing but she was excited none the less.

"You can do this. You can do this. You can do th-"

Ellie was cut off by a knock at the door.

"is," she finished. She turned off her hair straighteners before taking one last deep breath and heading downstairs.

She grabbed her purse and jacket off of the kitchen island as she made her way towards the door.

"Hey," Ellie greated opening the door to Mason.

"Wow," he replied as he turned to face her.

"Is that a good wow or a bad wow?" she nervously chuckled.

"Definitely 100% a good wow. You look stunning."

"Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself. Now are you gonna tell me where we're going or am I going to be in the dark all night long?"

"You'll just have to wait and see."

Ellie stepped out the front door to Mason, locking it behind her and then joining Mason in the car.

After a 20 minute drive through London Mason eventually pulled up to a restaurant and parked his car.

"Where are we?" Ellie asked confused looking around to see if she could recognise anything but couldn't.

"You'll see."

They both stepped out of the car before walking up to the front door hand in hand.

"Table for Mount," Mason told the waitress who was stood at the front door.

"Right this way," she told them.

The waitress grabbed 2 menus before leading them over to the table. "I'll be back in 5 minutes to take your orders."

"Thank you."

Mason and Ellie both took their seats in one of the corner booths giving them both a lot more privacy than just a normal table.

"Do you recognise this place yet?" Mason asked leaning over to be closer to Ellie.

"No why? Should I?" she asked quickly scanning around the restaurant.

"Take a second look."

Ellie looked around the place. Nothing really standing out to her, when she spotted an old fashioned mirror on the wall. She recognised it but she didn't know from where. All of a sudden it hit her.

"Wait is this?" Ellie asked in disbelief.

"It sure is," Mason replied with a large grin on his face.

"I can't believe this place is still here," she sighed taking in every detail of the building.

"Yeah neither could I. Me and Declan where driving past the other day and I recognised it. Turns out they just knocked the insides through and redecorated the place. Still the same building though. Still got our memories," Mason told her watching the girl marvel at the sight before her.

"Thank you," she smiled bringing the boy in for a hug. "This place means so much to me. It's where we first met. How we came to be what we are today."