Chapter 13: A visitor from distant lands- a new friend

Heyo peps! Thanks for helping me reach 3200 reads in TWH and for all yr continuous support!

I just started school (trust me, two tests on the first day KILLS), so I will not update that often... BUT... 2DAE's my BIRTHDAY!!! Officially, I'm 14 now!!! (old? i agree...)

And yeah, since i don't want to bore you guys, i tried not to moan abt my life but derp, sorry i needed an output cos i have family on fb, and posting there is never a wise decision... O.o

Also, thanks to Emberstar06 for letting me use Falconblaze in my stories :) Please check out Falconblaze's Path: The Heart of a Warrior, the Life of a Rogue and Falconblaze's Path: The New Apprentice

Without further ado, Chapter 13:

"What?" Tawnypaw was surprised beyond words. "You... l... like me? Even though I hurt you?"

Shrewpaw smiled. "It was an accident, I totally understand and I don't hate you at all. In fact, I found you an amazing fighter. And hunter... you're just... wow..." He blushed as he realised Tawnypaw was looking weirdly at him.

"I'm sorry this is really abrupt... and awkward... but... please? Will you give me the chance?" Shrewpaw asked her earnestly as she looked into his clear blue eyes.

"Yes?" she had answered a few sunrises ago before Shrewpaw had been called back into the Medicine Cat den.

What the heck had she just agreed to? A mate?

-----

A ruddy brown tom with black tabby stripes, a black chest and neck padded through the dense forests, making sure not to enter any clan territory. He had left his own clan, as his sister had asked him to, to explore. To be free. Wild.

And now, as he ran through the ferns and bushes, he understood what Mistyflight had told him a long while ago. "Go into the world away from the Clans! Go... and be happy. Do it for me. Do it for the kits..." she had told him, her light blue eyes staring at his deep blue ones.

He shook the memory away, obviously still thinking of her. He was no longer in NightClan, he was free now. Like his sister told him to be.

Pawing his way through deep undergrowth, he couldn't help but felt a presence around him. He spun, and came face-to-face with not a dog nor a fox but two cats. The elder one was a tabby she-cat and the younger a silvery tom. They looked like... an apprentice and his mentor?

"What are you doing in LightClan territory?" the young tom growled as his sapphire blue eyes grew bright in warning.

The brown tom smiled. He had not been aware that there were other clans other than NightClan and DarkClan. Well, this could get interesting...

-----

Jaypaw snarled at the tom. How dare he smile when he was in LightClan territory? What exactly was he thinking? Jaypaw searched the tom's mind as he saw another group of cats... a Clan?... and the memory of a pale-grey she-cat having kits... and the emotion...

He shook his head slightly as Tigerheart went up to the tom, asking gently, "You don't seem like a Clan cat. What's your name?"

"Falconblaze," the tom answered as he looked amusedly at the two. "Are you clan cats?"

He has a warrior name! Jaypaw thought, but I don't remember ever seeing him in Gatherings or in the rest of the clans. In fact, he didn't smell like a Clan cat, but was not like a rogue. "Yes, I'm Tigerheart and this is my apprentice, Jaypaw. We're cats from LightClan. And you'll be from?"

Falconblaze hesistated before answering. "I come from NightClan, a clan far away from here. I had given up the warrior life to be a rogue, and now I found out about your clan. So I suppose you have other clans here as well?" NightClan? Jaypaw wondered, he'd never heard of that Clan before.

"Yes. AirClan, MistClan and DarkClan," Jaypaw answered as Falconblaze felt a shiver run down his spine at the name of the last clan. It's just the same name, he thought to himself.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have to get going-" Falconblaze started as Tigerheart stopped him. "Why don't you stay with us? I'm sure Mossstar will be glad to have you visit, and you can teach us more about NightClan and we'll give you shelter. It's getting late, you know. And you can eat from the prey-pile, I'm sure he won't mind."

Suddenly, Falconblaze's belly growled as he looked slightly ashamed of himself. "See?" Tigerheart said as she nudged him, forcing him to follow Tigerheart and Jaypaw into the camp. Jaypaw could feel the warm feeling coming from Tigerheart again as Falconblaze padded along her.

But he himself was feeling... a burning pain in his belly. And it wasn't because he was hungry or anything... But, was he jealous of the older tom?

-----

The apprentices and even some of the warriors were listening to Falconblaze go on about his adventures in NightClan and when he had been a rogue, and they were clearly enjoying it immensely. The kits also ran out of the nursery just to hear him tell his tale.

Falconblaze had been welcomed into the camp by Fuzzypelt, who managed to convince Mossstar to let him stay for a while. Fuzzypelt had then told him to make himself at home, before Tigerheart encouraged him to tell them about himself.

Tawnypaw was just taking care of the kits as he saw Falconblaze, and was also astounded by the rogue. A warrior who wanted to be a rogue? Weird, but she didn't bother. Shrewpaw had been released from the medicine cat den and was now looking at her intently. She blushed, looking away.

She liked Shrewpaw, as a friend, definitely, but as a mate?

-----

Falconblaze had been asked by Mosstar to show some techniques to some cats in the hope of letting Falconblaze have something to do here and to let his own warriors be more prepared in combat.

LightClan was adapted to using leaping techniques, where the cats would leap and then proceed with their attack using claws, but NightClan was more towards striking the opponent as hard as you could. Falconblaze let them use his own personal 'leap and strike' attack, where you jump just in front of your enemy, let them move back in defence, and then strike them on the jaw.

Brackenpaw was immensely enjoying this. She loved to fight, but was not really good at it. Mumblepaw practised with her, before the lesson stopped for that day, and Falconblaze decided it was time to leave.

"We enjoyed your visit very much, Falconblaze. We will welcome you again," Fuzzypelt nodded to him as he set off. "Wouldn't you stay? The Clan loves you."

He shook his head. "Thanks but no thanks, Fuzzypelt. I'm an explorer, a rogue, and a cat who wishes not to be in a clan." Fuzzypelt nodded in understanding as she said softly, "I was a rogue once. But the Clan accepted me as a kit. I will serve those who helped me then till I die. But I suppose we are different, yet the same."

The brown tom nodded and was soon gone from LightClan.

He was a rogue. A traveller. And he would enjoy this freedom forever.

-----

Hoped you enjoyed this chappy, much of the credit must be given to once again Emberstar06 for Falconblaze! Quite extra and not very into the whole TWH "plot", but heck with that, lawl xD

Remember once again to READ, COMMOTE and FAN