Chapter 21: The end... or still the beginning?

Ohiyo~ Some of you may have realised that I was off my lovely Wattpad for so long, but I had my reasons... namely school, and the fact that my computer had been a *censorship* so yeah...

But I bought a new laptop (my parents bought me one I mean) and I'm ready to update again! Btw, TWH reached 13000 reads and that wouldn't be possible without *epic music* YOU <3 Thanks so much!

Chapter 21:

"Rainstorm!" Fuzzypelt yowled as the grey tom simply smirked in reply. "Fuzzypelt. It's been a while, eh?"

"Only too soon," Fuzzypelt growled before Rainstorm just said simply. " Manners, you rogue-warrior. You are speaking to a Clan leader after all." Fuzzypelt only flashed in anger. " You never were a leader and you never will."

"I'm better a leader than any cat in this forest," he snarled as Fuzzypelt lashed her tail. "A leader puts his Clan first. And a leader does not kill others to win."

"Must you really do all of this?" she met his gaze. "All these deaths? You did this once, and you'd do all of this again?"

"Until I defeat you, until I rule over the Clans once more, yes," Rainstorm's eyes burned with bloodlust.

"Then get ready to die again!" Fuzzypelt yelled as she pounced at the enemy. She seemed to cover the ground on winged paws. Her claws raked along Rainstorm's side and he dodged a blow to the head.

But Rainstorm- despite his large size- was fast as well. He flung himself between Fuzzypelt's outstretched paws and aimed for her belly, trying to rip her open and kill her painfully.

Fuzzypelt barely drew back in time. Now she was on the defensive, trying to avoid the gashing claws and still get close enough to Rainstorm to land a blow. He managed to grip the TortureClan leader near the base of his tail, and the two cats rolled over and over on the grass, a shrieking whirl of teeth and claws. When they broke apart Fuzzypelt saw her own blood spattering the grass, and knew she had to finish this fight quickly- or LightClan would lose their deputy as well.

Rainstorm flattened his ears. "You will be the one to die." Eyes closed into thin slits, he attacked. Hooking his claws deep into Fuzzypelt's shoulder, he raked her spine with churning paws. "Now, you feel the pain of losing!"

Fuzzypelt twisted free and slashed at him. The grey cat ducked back, head low, and grabbed her hind paw in his teeth. Biting hard, he dragged her to his belly, then reared up and slammed his forepaws into her spine. "You will die, and I will rule this forest."

"Never," she growled, teeth bared. "I will not die until the forest is freed from you." She heaved herself to her paws and faced him.

What could I use against him? Without hesitation, she dug her front paws into the blood-stained turf, and crouched in front of his enemy as if she were giving in, but in fact, every muscle tensed in readiness.

Rainstorm let out a yowl of triumph and leaped at her. In the same heartbeat, she hurled herself upward, crashing into his belly and thrusting him backward onto the ground. Her claws slashed through Rainstorm's pelt and her teeth met in the grey cat's throat until she tasted the gush of warm blood. Fuzzypelt could not be any less aware of Rainstorm's claws flailing viciously at her shoulders but she held on, raking her enemy's belly with her hind paws until the blows that were falling on her grew weaker.

Fuzzypelt shook his head, scattering thick drops of blood from her eyes. She released Rainstorm's throat and drew back to deal the death blow from an upraised paw. But there was no need. Rainstorm's eyes were fixed on her, dark pits of hatred, and his body jerked convulsively. He tried to snarl defiance, but the only sound was blood bubbling in his torn throat. His twitching limbs grew still and his eyes stared sightlessly at the sky.

Flanks heaving, his breath coming in. Rainstorm's body slowly faded away into nothing. For a moment, Fuzzypelt wondered, Where do these snakehearts go after dying twice? But no cat would know.

"Rainstorm is dead!?!?!" a yowl echoed throughout the camp. Yes, Fuzzypelt thought quite relieved. Finally, the huge problem was gone.

As the cry rose above the screeches of battling cats, the warriors of TortureClan falter and stop fighting. As they realized that they had lost not only one leader, but both their leaders, they turned and fled. They were no longer fearsome warriors, but ordinary cats who had no place in the forest. All their menace was gone, and with a cry of triumph the forest cats surged after them and chased them out of the hollow.

Numb with exhaustion, Fuzzypelt could hardly even grasp fully the fact that the Clans had won. The Forest was safe. And StarClan had helped to guide them to victory.

Thank you, StarClan. Fuzzypelt managed to mew before she fell into darkness. She could hear the shouts from Sandtail, calling for her, and of her Clan, wanting her to wake up. But she couldn't anymore. She was just so... tired.

-----

OMSC! Is Fuzzypelt just going to die like this???? Hehe, anyone intends to throw rotten tomatoes at me yet? ;) Come at me bro xD But remember, if my laptop spoils due to tomatoes, you guys won't get the next chappy! :O

This chappy is really short, YES, I agree as well. But I needed this cliffy, you know... On the bright side, if time and homework permits, I might update tomorrow as well :) so if you want a new chapter soon, pray hard I have no homework ^^

Also, there'll only be one more chapter after this, and then... a surprise! What will it be? I don't know, so how about you guys do the following....

READ this epitome of aweshumness as you are now, COMMENT your thoughts, VOTE to make this book even more aweshum (is that even mathematically possible?) and FAN me for instant updates of when I update <3

Love you guys and May StarClan be your guiding light~