Chapter 17: The end draws near, as secrets emerge

Hey peps! Can you believe Wattpad just changed 'fans' to 'followers'? What the heck, right? I mean, 'followers' is too Twitterish and sounds stalkerish and pedoish! -.- No way i'll 'follow' people or have 'followers'... I have my loyal 'fans' ok? ;)

No offense to those who like the change though :/ though honestly, I hate it >:( I want it to change back... so... xD

And yep, this chappy's for _Briarheart25_ who suggested Brackenberry :) Sorry it didn't win, but yeah, it still was a really nice name ^^

Chapter 17:

Jaywing padded with Tigerheart, catching prey happily. Leaf-bare was at its worst, but he didn't care. Tigerheart was with him after all.

Suddenly, a chill travelled down his tail to his pelt as he heard... threats? "Who will save you now, Jaywing?" Shadows seemed to surround him as a cold slash ran down his flank.

What in the name of StarClan? "StarClan! Help!" he cried as the shadowy figures seemed even closer now. "Jaywing?" Tigerheart's sweet mew replaced the harsh voices. "Are you okay?"

She examined her former apprentice's wound before mewing softly, "It's quite a deep wound. What happened? We'd better get you to Rockpath's."

As Jaywing followed Tigerheart back, he couldn't help wondering: Was that a dream? Or had those voices and shapes been... The Place of No Stars?

-----

Tawnyheart pawed next to her sister who had been sent on a border patrol. "Brackenflame?" she shook her sister from her deep thoughts.

Why was her sister so distracted?

Was it the voices she had been hearing? Like the fearful voices? And Jaywing's mysterious injury? Was the war really so soon?

How she wished she had Jaywing's power to read minds. Then she would see what exactly ran though the fiery she-cat's head.

-----

Fuzzypelt felt herself stirring in her sleep again. Once again, she was being brought to the place she only knew all too well. StarClan.

From the always greenleaf trees, she could see Spotleaf, the StarClan tom, no- her father, paw his way out to greet her.

"Fuzzypelt, my dear daughter," he mewed as Fuzzypelt just ignored him, her attention on the other stirring white pelt. Miststar?

"Spotleaf. Do you mind if I speak with her for a moment? In private?" Miststar asked the russet tom as he nodded and was out of sight.

The forest was silent for a while before Fuzzypelt spoke. "What's the problem, Miststar?"

Miststar simply looked into her emerald eyes with her amber eyes, and then motioned for her to follow. Fuzzypelt followed her, and they reached a small pond.

Through the pond, Fuzzypelt saw a small group of cats making their way away from a place where she could see... clans?

A white she-cat led forward, along with a light brown tom with dark brown flecks. Next to them was... Fuzzypelt? A flame-coloured she-cat with emerald eyes was chatting with Miststar as the three cats led about ten cats away.

Where were they going? And why did that cat look... like her?

The pond rippled as another scene occurred. It was the same flame she-cat with Miststar. This time, however, they had their own territory, and more cats appeared.

Why did the cats look so familiar? The earthy-pelted tom? Earthpelt? The skinny brown she-cat? Larkflight? The small brown tom? Rabbitpaw? The black tom? Ripplesplash? Streamfish? Dustpelt? Creampelt?

How was it she even knew all these foreign cats? She'd never met them before... right?

The scene changed yet again. This time, she could see Miststar... having kits? Dewpaw and Larkflight... how did she even know their names?... were urging the small cat, helping her kit.

The two kits... one silvery... the other light brown... Dovekit and Applekit?

Who were these cats?

And the last scene. Miststar was fighting a black tom. Darkstar. He held onto Applekit's scruff. Suddenly, a streak of flame knocked him off. Was it her after all? What was all of this?

Then something in her snapped. MistClan. The beginning. Mistpelt. All this. Leaving the four Clans. Making the new four Clans. She had helped build up the Clans.

"Fuzzypelt... do you-?" Miststar asked but was cut off by Fuzzypelt. "Who am I? Am I not Fuzzypelt at all? Am I a cat of the past or now? Why did you show me this?"

Miststar appeared shocked for a heartbeat before mewing softly, "You are Fuzzypelt. The cat who helped me with MistClan and also the saviour of the Clans now. I show you this, because you must understand how important you are."

"You must understand, Fuzzypelt. The end of the Clans draws near, and only you and your kits can stop TortureClan from ending us." Lightstar appeared suddenly.

Fuzzypelt nodded. She understood. "Fine," she mewed softly. "So it would always be me who would have to save the clans?"

Spotleaf popped out and nudged her shoulder. "It was never only you. You have us, StarClan, and your clan. We will always be behind you... my sweet child."

A cream coloured tom whom Fuzzypelt had not seen for a long time suddenly appeared as well. "P... Patch?" she stammered, looking at the young tom, whose caramel brown patches shone under the silvery lights of the forest.

The creamy tom smirked and purred. "Hello my dear sister. Glad you remembered me." Fuzzypelt muzzled her brother and mewed happily, "Why didn't you tell me that you walked with StarClan now?"

"I'm Patchpelt, actually. I named myself after you, Fuzzypelt." Patchpelt smiled as he warmly greeted his littermate.

"Sorry to break up the family reunion, but we have bigger problems too," Lightstar mewed suddenly, breaking up the long-seperated cats. "Looks like Rainstorm and his fellow cats have found a way to come back to the clans..."

Fuzzypelt stayed petrified. Rainstorm was able to come back...?

-----

The dark-pelted cats whose hearts matched their fur colour passed trees and bushes, gloomy mists and foul fogs, muddy waters. The earth changed as they continued, from the muddy soil to the gently grass of Clan territory. Where the moon never shone, to the place where the now full-moon shone bright.

"This, my fellow friends, is how to get to the Clans." As Rainstorm growled, his cold blue eyes shone with bloodlust, hungry for blood and flesh.

-----

So super sorry for the late update... ( - -) yeah, i had hw, tests, problems with life... :(

Hope you enjoyed the update <3