Chapter 12: Accidental injury

Hey guys! Thanks for 2300+ reads, 160+ votes and 250+ comments! That was an aweshum X'mas prezzie lawl xD

My life is sho sad... :( I have parents who want me to stop writing and focus on my studies and other crap... D':  

Chapter 12: (since I ran out of random crap to say)

Jaypaw, Tawnypaw and Brackenpaw were at the Hollow with their mentors. It was their battle moves training day, and they were going up against the three younger apprentices, Pinepaw, Shrewpaw and Mumblepaw.

They soon arrived along with their mentors, Spottedfeather, Sandtail and Icepool. "Let's see how you guys fight. Jaypaw, against Pinepaw. Shrewpaw, Tawnypaw. And Mumblepaw to Brackenpaw. Now, fight!" Spottedfeather mewed as they attacked. "Remember, claws sheathed."

"Reminds me of when we were apprentices, eh, Sandtail?" Icepool purred to her friend as Sandtail remembered how he had used the Play Dead move on her then. (refer to TRTAW Chapter 9 if you forgot, lawl)

Jaypaw snarled at Pinepaw, whose fur fell flat. He leapt, and Pinepaw was soon under his paws and pinned down. Pinepaw tried to roll away, but the larger silver tom held him down with all his might.

"Jaypaw wins," Tigerheart said proudly as Spottedfeather ended the fight. "Good try though, Pinepaw." "He only won because he was larger and older than me," Pinepaw hissed in annoyance, but admitted defeat.

Brackenpaw had tried to strike Mumblepaw, who had evaded quickly. Mumblepaw jumped on her, making her fall flat. She rolled away, and Mumblepaw leapt off, pushing her towards a rock. Brackenpaw lay still, tired.

"Mumblepaw wins," Icepool purred, pleased with her apprentice. "Sorry, Brackenpaw." Mumblepaw gave a purr of delight. "Hah, in your face, Brackenpaw!" Brackenpaw just ignored her as she settled next to her brother, watching Tawnypaw and Shrewpaw fight.

Tawnypaw and Shrewpaw were both ready to leapt at each other in attacking stances. Shrewpaw leapt first, and there was soon a facade of paws hitting each other. Tawnypaw and Shrewpaw were both giving the best they had, but Tawnypaw was winning.

Suddenly, Tawnypaw's leafy eyes flashed with pure fighting spirit as she felt her claws unsheathe, and her claw ran down Shrewpaw's fur. Shrewpaw had gone to close to attcking her and was shocked as his own red blood blossomed on his pelt and painted the white snow they were fighting in.

His eyes widened in shock as Tawnypaw sheathed her claws. "I'm... I'm..." she couldn't even apologise properly as Whitefall jumped in to stop the battle.

"Get him to Rockpath!" Icepool called to Sandtail as he carried his apprentice on his back and brought him to a rather shocked Rockpath.

-----

"WHAT IN STARCLAN'S NAME WERE YOU THINKING, TAWNYPAW?" Sandtail scolded his daughter as Whitefall continued, "CLAWS SHEATHED, TAWNYPAW! WHAT DID YOU THINK THAT MEANT?"

Tawnypaw hug her head in shame as her mentor and her father, who was also Shrewpaw's mentor, continued to scream at her. She had not wanted this to happen, but... why had her powers suddenly attack Shrewpaw?

"I... I'm... s... sorry..." Tawnypaw mewed sadly, "I didn't mean for this to happen. I... I... just hurt him by accident. I didn't know that my claws would suddenly unsheathe..." She looked up at the two cats. Sandtail's jade eyes had already flashed in forgiveness, but Whitefall was obviously still mad.

"On the bright side, the scratch was not too deep, so Shrewpaw should be fit and ready to fight again in a few sunrises. Till then, he will stay with me and won't be training. Would you like to come in and visit him?" Rockpath popped out of the den, as Sandtail mewed to Tawnypaw, "Go in and apologise, okay?"

Tawnypaw nodded as she went in, finding Shrewpaw in one of the medicine cat den nests. "Sorry for hurting you, Shrewpaw," she mewed quickly as he looked up.

Shrewpaw just smiled. "It's okay really. Doesn't hurt that much." His blue eyes stared into her green ones and suddenly Tawnypaw felt awkward. "Really? Then I'm glad."

As she left the den, she couldn't help but wonder why she felt so weird when she was with the younger apprentice.

-----

"Must have been her power gone wild," Jaypaw murmured to Brackenpaw as their sister went into Mossstar's den. They were aware of her power to fight and hunt extremely well... but this?

-----

"You're lucky all Mossstar did was confine you to camp for a month," Whitefall muttered to her apprentice, storming away to find Spottedfeather.

Tawnypaw felt disheartened. She had not intended to hurt him after all...

-----

It was a sunrise after Tawnypaw's punishment and she was hanging around camp. She had already finished with the elders and there was nothing to do.

"Play with us, Tawnypaw!" Redkit's voice mewed as she entered the nursery to help take care of the kits. She loved kits, especially Redkit.

"I'm Bluestar of BlueClan!" Bluekit exclaimed as Redkit pushed her gently, saying, "I'm Redstar of RedClan!" Amberkit just sat at a corner, looking at her siblings.

"Then I'll be Tawnystar of TawnyClan and I shall teach my fellow leaders some battle and hunting moves! How's that, kits?" Tawnypaw purred as the kits squealed in excitement. "YES!!!"

Tawnypaw smiled as she demonstrated the hunter's crouch, and the kits followed, although not as successful as her. The two-moon old kits mewed in pleasure as they started pouncing on.one another.

Tawnypaw felt a presence behind her and whipped around. Shrewpaw? "Shouldn't you be in the medicine cat den and resting?" she asked as Shrewpaw smiled. "I'm allowed to move around camp, you know. I'm Shrewstar of ShrewClan."

He then proceeded to help take care of the three troublesome kits, much to the gratitude of Thornmist. "These three are always alot to handle, but I see you two are perfectly caring for them," she said as the kits went back to their nests.

"I'll help you with your chores if you want, I have nothing to do anyway," Shrewpaw said as Tawnypaw rejected the offer. "I'm the one who hurt you-"  

"No, I want to help. And I was amazed by how well you fight. And... I think I..." he started, but stopped suddenly.

"What's wrong, Shrewpaw?" Tawnypaw asked as his blue eyes looked earnestly into her now surprised eyes. "I think I like you, and will you be my mate when we're older?"

-----

Whoots~ Who wuz expecting THAT? I'm quite sure this was surprising, and an aweshum cliffy ;) Also, next chappy will be updated soon xD so watch out!

Remember to READ, COMMOTE (my version of COMMENT and VOTE 2gether lawl) and FAN <3 Love ya all \ ( . .) /