Chapter 15 ~ Home Sweet Home...

~ Stark Industries ~

As I walk through the door with Happy Mr. Stark is talking with the receptionist. Happy coughs to get his attention and he turns to see me standing awkwardly with my arms crossed.

He smiles and walks over to us both, "Thank you Happy. Now Hope I have made your room, follow me." He says stiffly as he turns and walks for the door. I follow him up some stairs and past a couple doors until he stops at one Identical to the others I passed.

I walk in surprised at how much effort he put in. "I hope you like it as you will have to be living here for a month, maybe longer." My eyes widen as I take in the whole room. This is more than I could ever ask for.

"I- I don't know what to say. Thank you..." I say, turning to send him a grateful smile. I put your bags down and lay on the bed, bouncing slightly as the springs react.

"I'll let you explore the room a bit more and then I'll take you on a tour." He says with a small smile before heshuts the door. I sit up and see another door in my room so I open it and there's a bathroom with everything I would ever need in there.

Hair straighteners lie next to a hairdryer, a large mirror sitting nicely above the marble sink. The room lit up by bright white lights. The shower catches my eye next, large enough to do a whole dance routine in. Finally, I've been trying in all my past showers, it never seems to fit my moves.

Suddenly, my thoughts turn to the other kids in the orphanage. They aren't as lucky as me, they might never get even a glimpse at a life like this.

And what am I doing about it, I'm pushing it away and not letting someone help me. A knock at the door interrupts my thoughts so you shut the bathroom door and answer whoever is knocking.

I open the door to see Peter playing nervously with his fingers. I smile slightly and he does the same back.

"Hey, I was checking in with Mr. Stark and he asked if I could show you around. He has some stuff to work on." He says, eyeing up my room slightly.

My eyes travel across his body, he's wearing a white plane top with some black trousers, his usual jumper missing. After a few seconds I remember to reply, "That's good with me." I smile, nlushing slightly at his outfit.

"Uh, Hold on let me just put my bags somewhere else, they're blocking the door." I say, rolling my bags next to the bed. I then shut the door behind me and Peter.

"So, how do you like it here so far?" He says as I follow him down the hall. My eyes take a good look around the place, trying to memorise where everything is so I don't get lost.

"It's... different. I've never really lived in such a rich place before, It's quite cool." I say truthfully. He laughs as a reply.

We walk down some stairs and through many halls, So many that I feel as if it would be easier to get out of a maze. He explains each room and what goes on in them, eyeing my awe struck face.

At the end of the tour Peter takes me back to my room, "It's quite big and it might be confusing at first, but you will get use to it." He says, sending me a reassuring look.

I give him a smile as he opens my bedroom door for me, "Thanks for the tour Peter. You're a good friend." I say, sending him a kind smile. He lets out a nervous laugh and rubs the back of his neck.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow in school. Have fun unpacking... uh bye." He stumbles out, his mood changing from calm to nervous very quickly.

"Wait, Peter." I say quickly, before he turns to walk away. "Do you wanna come in for a bit?" I ask, now becoming the nervous one.

"Oh. Uh yeah, yeah." He says, a smile spreading across his face again. I move to the side slightly as he walks into my room. I shut the door and walk over to the bed, sitting down.

"Do you like it?" I ask, watching as he eyes my room. I love it, the white and marble theme reminds me of my dream room. Along with the large double bed that's stuffed with pillows and has even got a fancy second blanket thing going on. It's definitely a rich persons room.

"It suits you." He says, his eyes boring into mine. I smile, I wouldn't think a large room like this would ever suit me. I mean, I'm used to the poorer side of things.

The nicest room I ever had in an orphanage was simply one that wasn't broken. It had the necessities and had no holes or ripped paint. I thought that was a luxury.

"Do you like it?" He returns my question, tiring next to me in the bed. I nod slightly as my breath catches in my throat. His eyes are focused on mine and his face is only a few inches away.

My heart rate picks up, I shouldn't be doing this. Hurt. Hurt. Hurt. I repeat in my head. His eyes captivate me though, my mind going fuzzy.

"Good" he whispers, his eyes flickering between my eyes and my lips. Hurt. Hurt. Hurt. My mind reminds me again.

I drag my eyes away from his and place them on the floor. "Yeah, it different." I say, slightly breathless. I need to change the subject.

"Different how?" He asks, edging away from me slightly, a thick awkward feeling laying between us as we avoid each others gazes.

"oh, uh. Just richer than normal, I guess." I stutter, realising my attempt of changing the subject nearly got me spilling my secrets.

Peter looks at his phone briefly, his eyes eying the time. "Sorry, hope, but I have to go. I hope you're happy here though." He says kindly. I smile back nodding.

"Thank you, Peter." He returns the nod as he gets up and walks to the door. Before stepping out he glances back at me. He look like he's about to say something, but before he does, he stops himself. His eyes fall to the floor and he turns to walk out the room, the door shutting behind him.

I sigh, laying back in my bed. Hurt. Hurt. Hurt. I repeat, my mind reminding me of the moment we had. Was that even a moment for him? Or is it only me feeling like this?

Of course it's only me. He likes Liz! I roll me eyes and drag my self out of bed. Right, time to unpack.

After about 30 minutes, I've unpacked everything and I'm now sat in my bathroom assessing the bruises across my body. They look terrible. Even after I tried to heal them slightly.

I bring my hand above my stomach and focus at the marks. Memories of Mrs B hitting me over and over again fill my head. I focus all that anger onto healing my body and after a few seconds, something happens.

My hand begins to shake as a few of the bruises begin to heal slightly. My eyes sting with tears as my body tenses. After a few more seconds, my body collapses to the floor.

My breathing picks up as the exhaustion overtakes me. I'm so glad I got out of that house...

~ In The Morning ~

I wake up and pack my bag for school. I get changed into a nice white crop top that I haven't been able to wear in a while because of the bruises but due to me spending most of the weekend healing them the main bruises are gone. I put on an oversized button up top over the top of it and tie it up, hiding the couple of bruises I couldn't heal. I have a pair of leggings on, and converse as my choice of shoes.

I go downstairs and make some breakfast when Mr. Stark walks in, "I hope you enjoyed your first night, sorry I couldn't show you around." He says, acknowledging me with a small nod of the head.

"It's ok, thank you for the lovely room." I reply gratefully. "I have to get going, I can't miss the bus." I say quickly, rushing to get jam spread over my piece of toast.

"If you want, Happy can take you to school." Mr. Stark shrugs as I start eating the Jam on toast and slide my bag over my shoulders.

"it's ok, the school gives me money for the bus, I wouldn't want to waste it." I shrug slightly, making sure I have everything. "I'll see you later, bye." I say quickly. I run out the door while finishing my toast.