Roseanne took in the changed outfit of the woman, who now stood in front of her and nodded. “Head of cabin, yes. And you must be the new pilot?”

Lisa lifted her arm in an awkward greeting and quickly placed it nervously on the back of her neck. “Yeah. Looks like it.” This was not supposed to happen, and Lisa scolded herself for playing hero earlier.

“Wow, ok. Well, welcome on board then.” Roseanne smiled, still stunned by the revelation and slightly confused why they had been asked to impress Lisa. “Um, I’ve come to introduce the rest of the team. I’m with Ashley and Bobby in the rear and Irene and Jennie in the front.” Lisa nodded and gestured to her right.

“Roseanne, this is Jisoo Kim. Jisoo, this is Roseanne…” She realised she had no idea of the blonde’s surname and quickly looked back at her.

“Hi Jisoo. Nice to see you again. Had a good vacation?” Roseanne smiled in amusement.

“You know each other?” Lisa asked confused, but realised her mistake, laughing out in embarrassment. “Of course you would. I’m the new one.” ‘Get a grip. You’re the pilot not the CEO.’ Lisa berated herself mentally.

“Yeah Captain.” Jisoo picked up on the weird behaviour and enunciated the work title, indicating for Lisa to chill. “We had the pleasure of flying together a couple of times.” She explained further, an amused half grin on her face.

“But thanks for introducing us.” Roseanne charmed. “Um Captain…”

“Bruschweiler. My name is Lisa.” Lisa offered finally, slipping back into the undercover role.

“Ok. Nice to see you again.” Roseanne smiled one of her most charming smiles and Lisa’s armour cracked a little.

“Right. Anyway, you guys are getting ready?” The pilot tried to change the subject.

“Yes, I’ll let you know, when we’ve finished preparations.” Roseanne stated and left the cockpit and closed the door to start her routine control of the front galley, whilst her colleagues took over their tasks in the rest of the airplane.

“What was that about Lisa?” Jisoo inquired puzzled. “Where did you meet Rosie?”

“It’s nothing really. I witnessed a scene between her and her ex and interfered before it got ugly.”

“Suzy was here?”

“You know her?” Lisa really wanted to stay out of the drama. She couldn’t afford to be dragged into it. She needed to stay aloof to do the job she had come for.

“Well, Bae Suzy used to work for the airline, but was dismissed for highly inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour.” Jisoo offered vaguely.

“What happened?”

“Uuugh, she was found ‘pleasing’ a passenger in one of the toilets.” She explained politely.

Lisa and Jisoo’s had started when they had been partnered at their very first job; flying for a regional airline. Both had acquired their flight licences and needed hours in order to be allowed to work for a major airline. Jisoo had learned of Lisa’s background after they had spent months together in the cockpit, alternating flying as pilot in commend and co-pilot. They had spent a lot of downtime together, and eventually the brunette had offered up the information, but had never regretted it, as Jisoo had been her best friend and had proven her capability to keep secrets.