Gilbert x Autistic reader

My mom told me my brain works differently. I didn't believe her until I started kindergarten. I'm now a single 21 year old adult with autism. I've tried going on dates when I was in school, but no hits. Kids are just the worst. I'm writing a book about an acholic alien who falls to Earth and meets a dog. I'll most likely never publish it. It's too crazy to work. I'm going to the shop today, I need eggs. I pass the record shop, then the book shop, I walk passed the shop with all the maps and globes when I notice a sale sign. I never miss out on a sale, so I head in. The man at the counter is a pale blue man with blue and green hair. I grab two random maps, and go over to the counter to pay. "I'll take these please." I said trying to maintain eye contact. It's really hard for me because something cooler is always happening behind the eyes I'm supposed to be looking at. "Okay! That'll be $2.50." he says. I dropped the correct amount of currency in front of him. "So, Wales huh?" he askes. Oh dear lord, This was NOT part of the plan!!! Okay, play it cool! "Yeah, Wales is pretty cool."  I replied noticing the hour glass behind him. It was clear with gold metal around it. It was really pretty. "Are you going there?" He asked "No." I replied. "I noticed the sale sign, and I never miss out on a sale." His face noteably faulters. Dang it, I opened my mouth, and this happens! "Sorry." I mumble. "Why are you apologizing?" He asks confused. "I hurt your feelings. You were making the face." I explained. "Oh, I was, It just, People don't really come here anymore. I put the sale sign out there in case that would help." he claimed. Well, now I'm sad. "I'm sorry to hear that." I said looking now at the map of Jamacia behind him. I heard the recipt printer finally printing out my recipet. "I'm Gilbert." The man claimed from behind the counter. "I'm (Y/N)." I replied as he wrote somthing on the recipet and handed it to me. "Thank you. Bye." I said leaving the store. "Bye!" he said back. I countiued my walk to the store. I looked at the recipt and finally saw it. A phone number! I smiled. Maybe I won't be alone forever.