Ch.10 ~ 𝒱𝑒𝓃𝓉 ~

Start bij het begin

"He just asked if I live alone with Rose," I said blankly." And if I take care of Clay by myself," I explained without thinking. Shit, now I feel like I need to give a whole explanation to Scarlet now.

"Hmm, I never got to ask about that either," She said with no further acknowledgment. "Look, I could tell you don't want to really talk about this whole thing," She exclaimed motioning with her hand in a circular motion in front of her. "But, if you need someone to talk to and talk about stuff I'm the best person you can come to, I'm a good listener," She said and I was glad for her offer because I actually felt like I needed to vent to somebody my emotions after yesterday.

I nodded. "I'll let you know," I said and she stopped walking to turn to me. And before I knew it she held hugged me. I smiled and hugged her back."We can go to mine after school," I suggested as we pulled apart.

"Of, course, come on! We'll be late not that I care," She exclaimed dragging me by the arm making me laugh.

>>>

As we arrived home we both jumped out and went inside to be greeted by Rose and Clayton. "Oh, I totally forgot you didn't meet Clayton," I shouted motioning Clay over. "Clay this is Scarlet- my new best friend," I exclaimed and he ran over to greet her.

"Hello, Scarlet," He said handing out his hand.

"Hey, little dude," Scar said making Clay's nose scrunch up. She right away laughed. "Ah! He is the type to say 'I'm not little'." She mimicked a strange voice making Rose smile over at us. "Whatever I like you already, big Clayton," She exclaimed sarcastically making Clay smirk obvious to liking the nickname.

"I like your hair," He said and she dramatically waved it behind her back. "Ooo, Rachel can I die my hair purple?" I furrowed my eyebrows in disbelief as he touched his fluffy curls on his head.

"Absolutely not, now go back to Rose, we are going up to...study," I said and he ran off to sit back next to Rose. "Rose we are going to be upstairs," I shouted as we walked up the stairs.

"Sure, honey, do you guys want anything!"

"No, we're fine, thanks!"

>>>

"So, start whenever your ready," Scarlet said crossing her legs under her. As much as I looked brave right now I was not on the inside. I sighed and got off the bed to open the white curtains I needed to watch the view out while talking about it.

I turned back around and sat at the edge of the bed. "They both died on a plane crash... it was all too sudden, you know," I said and looked up to Scarlet who was listening intently. " Once they were gone Clay and I were just there... alone. but I'm glad that we got through it," I said and she nodded smiling at me. I was badly holding back tears.

"That's..."

"Crazy, yes," I finished her sentence looking down the floor towards my feet. From the corner of her eye, she began to crawl towards me, and before I knew she held me tight into her arms.

"You are so strong for going through that, especially for your brother because I could never," She said making me laugh. And her words bring me back to yesterday when Wyatt told me the same words.

"That's what Wyatt said yesterday, except the 'I could never' part," I said and she pulled away looking at me in 'awe'.

"Wow, he is definitely into you," She said and I rolled my eyes. "Seriously, nobody would say those kinds of words if they weren't into you," She said in a matter-of-factly voice. "Come on, stop denying it, and believe that he is,"

"He is just too cute to like me," I said lowly not wanting to admit that I actually found him attractive.

"Ugh, look at you, I would die to be with you!" She exclaimed. "Have you looked in a mirror?" She said and I shook my head in annoyance. She began to look around my room frantically before spotting what she wanted and walked over to me. She handed me the small mirror and I rolled my eyes. "Look...perfection," She whispered and I burst out laughing. "No, but seriously, you guys would be perfect for each other,"

"You and Oliver will too," I said and she smiled before rolling her eyes.

"Shut up,"

>>>

Once Scarlet left, before 8 since her parents were extremely strict which I've noticed over the many phone calls she was receiving I headed downstairs to see Rose and Clay still watching 'Monster House'.

I walked slowly towards them so they won't notice me. "Boo!"I shouted making Rose jump and Clayton scream. I burst out laughing before plopping myself on the couch not being able to contain my laughter. They both just give me death glares before composing themselves.

"Rachel!" Clay said pushing my shoulder back.

"Seriously, Rachel?" Rose said and I finally stopped laughing.

"Gosh, it was only a joke," I said laying down on the couch turning my attention back to the TV screen. "Don't get your panties into a twist," I said and they both snickered at the same time making me burst again.