Chapter 4: Final selection and color changing sword?!

After training and slicing the boulder in half Master Urokodaki cooked us an amazing meal. And I must say even though I'm not a fan of vegetables these were delicious! 

I devoured the food with gusto enjoying every bite not hearing both males chuckling at me.

After resting we got ready for Final Selection standing at the door I smiled at Tanjiro before running ahead as Urokodaki wished us good luck.

Tanjiro turned and said while catching up to me-

Tanjiro: and don't forget to thank Sabito and Makomo for all the help!

Urokodaki: Tanjiro how did you know those dead kids names?

Timeskip

Walking beside Tanjiro I gulped staring at the gates that held so many demons just beyond it looking down I played with my bracelet my sister got me. I smiled at it before taking a deep breath. 

Together we entered the forest. Tanjiro suggested that we stick together and I nodded not wanting to be alone in this place.

Looking up I smiled and continued to walk into the forest trying to stay positive and think this wasn't gonna be too bad.

Timeskip

"This is Bullshit!" I yelled into the sky with a tick mark on my head after killing another demon  long story short me and Tanjiro got separated after the third day.

I have been wondering around trying to find him. Now its the last day and I don't know how I'm even alive right now! Ok I need to breath before I have a full blown panic attack.

Hearing a bush rustle I ready my blade and started slashing my blade against another demon, panting I stood up fully.

Before I could relax I heard a scream and ran towards it seeing a male run away as Tanjiro was in battle with-

Me: the demon that killed Sabito and Makomo!

Feeling a wave of sudden anger fill me I took a deep breath trying to control my anger knowing I can't think straight if anger clouds my mind.

Sabito: Zoe

Turning I saw Sabito, Makomo and all of the other kids that the demon killed as Sabito smiled at me before pointing at Tanjiro.

Sabito: it's ok don't worry about us help Tanjiro

Nodding I took a deep breath and hope this breathing form works for mine and Tanjiro's sake.

Breath of heaven First Form: Heavens Striker

A wave of energy flowed threw my body and I sprinted as my blade cut threw the demons arm making him release Tanjiro as said boy gasped for air before standing on shaky legs. 

Dodging the demons claws I looked at Tanjiro whole blocking the demons hand from grabbing him.

Me: Do it Tanjiro end this once and for all!

Timeskip

Breathing heavily I slightly limped down the path before looking ahead and frowned seeing only the five of us made it. Clenching my fists I held back my tears knowing I could've saved them.

Tanjiro: "shocked voice" and to think we started with so many

Twins: welcome back now we will give you your rank and measure you for your uniform

Twin 1: but first your Kasugai crows

Suddenly in a burst of feathers a white crow landed on my shoulder and cawed at me. I giggled and gently pet its head.