Chapter 22

Zeniyah

I've been staying at the Russo house for about 2 weeks now and as much as I like being alone I'm loving this. I've gotten into a habit of staying in Giovanni's room every night, this is probably the longest I've gone without having nightmares. Last week I had a horrible 2-day migraine and Giovanni nursed me back to health making me fall for him all the much more. 

My birthday is in about a week and a half, I've already begged Alex not to tell anyone since I have my own way of celebrating, alone.

Me and Alex are currently outside practicing archery which I've gotten very good at. We play a couple of rounds against each other before heading inside, she goes to shower and change while I go into the gym to use the treadmill. 

After about 45 minutes I change and shower feeling sore. Walking by Giovanni's office I hear a lot of commotion I knock on the door but no one hears over the yelling, I slowly open the door stepping in, 

"Quindi stai dicendo che non ti interessa?!?!" Alex says angrily
[Translation: So you're saying you don't care?]

"Ovviamente non è quello che sto dicendo, ma dobbiamo pensare!" Tony snaps back at her
 [Translation: Of course that's not what I'm saying but we have to think]

"Non lo lascerai morire, cazzo!!" Alex yells hysterically which tears in her eyes. 
[Translaion: You're not going to just let him fucking die] 

I decide to make my presence known walking up to Alex and embracing her in a hug, I feel her knees buckle as she places her head on my shoulder crying, I walk her to a couch behind us and sit with her. 

"what the hell is going on?" I ask. 

"Don't worry about it princess," Giovanni says making me almost shake in anger. 

"You can fucking go to hell," I spit out in anger. He steps forward approaching me before Sandro puts a hand on his chest stopping him.

"Our friend, Theo he's in Italy watching over business for Giovanni, he's being held hostage by some amateur "gangsters" they want Giovanni to return to Italy in exchange for Theo's life," Sandro explains. 

"That's obviously a trap," I say causing Alex's head to snap in my direction

"So we're just going to let Theo fucking die?" she says harshly. I shake my head thinking for a minute before speaking again. 

"Did they make any demands?" I ask

"Yeah they did actually, 1 million Euro, which is about 1.2 million USD," Tony says making my jaw drop. 

"Where the hell would you get that?!?!" I say. 

"Love the money isn't the problem, that money could be rounded up in less than 4 hours, the problem is many people want Giovanni dead, as long as he's alive he pretty much runs all of the Euro and American drug trade," Sandro says and once again my jaw is dropped. 

I stare at Giovanni in utter shock not knowing what to say. He looks at me with curiosity in his eyes as if waiting for my reaction but I put on a blank face turning back to Alessandro, 

"You have to go," I say finally making all their heads snap in my direction. 

"What did you not just hear me say they'll kill your dear Giovanni," Alessandro repeats 

"Well yes I did hear but based on what you just told me about what Giovanni does for a living I'm sure he's been in a situation like this before and if he hasn't this is good practice because it won't be the last," I say, all of them stay quiet for a while, I can see the wheels turning in their heads as they take in everything I said. 

After a few minutes Tony sighs, "Capo, she, right you got to admit it," 

Giovanni nods slowly acknowledging my point. 

"No one's ever dared to challenge the Russo family right?" I ask to which they all shake their heads "Ok so now they think Giovanni's weak or he just inherited the power, he has to show people why he's in charge" I finish

"Yeah man let's show these cagne who the king is," [Translation: bitches] Tony says rilled up.

 "Ok man let's gooooo," Alessandro yells clapping while rilled up as well. 

Giovanni still holds his gaze on me I finally glance at him and he speaks, "Princess you know this means a lot of lives will be lost, mostly on their side but we risk the chance of some of our men dying," he says carefully. 

"Is this Theo person worth it?" I ask

"He's worth a million lives, he's like a brother," Giovanni answers confidently 

"Then your men knew what they were signing up for," I say confidently as well causing an uproar of cheers in the office. 

"She would make an amazing boss lady," Tony says, Alessandro agrees and Gio smiles proudly

"We leave tonight then," Giovanni says finally. Me and Alex head downstairs while the boys go to pack. I sit on the couch anxiously, I don't know how I feel about all this deep down. I'm upset Giovanni left me in the dark but I'm worried about his safety. I don't want him to leave with us on bad terms but what do I say?

Me and Alex watch TV to pass time and soon the boys come bounding down the stairs. "So how are you guys getting to Italy?" I ask 

"Well we have a friend that owns a private jet so I called his pilot and he's waiting now on the runway" Sandro answers me

"You girls be good ok and don't let anyone in the house, there are guards at the front if you need anything, also call as often as possible," Giovanni says while hugging Alex and kissing the top of her head. 

Sandro hugs me and thanks me for watching Junior, I even hug Tony tightly. Alex helps Sandro and Tony with their bags to the car leaving me and Giovanni to talk. 

"Princess, I know your mad at me for leaving you in the dark, but I didn't want to scare you away," Gio says placing his hand on my cheek

"I'm going to miss you though," I say shyly. Giovanni reaches down grabbing my chin and pulls me into a kiss, I melt into his arms already missing his warm touch, I wrap my arms around his neck and he lifts me making my legs wrap around his waist. He squeezes my ass making me moan and he deepens the kiss. 

"That's enoughhh break it up don't eat each other's faces," Tony yells loudly making me hid my face in Giovanni's neck and making him glare at Tony. 

"Just getting my phone," Tony says with his hands raised. 

"I'll call you at least twice every day," Giovanni says hugging me one last time. They climb into the car and drive off while and Alex head back in silently praying. 

Giovanni

We settle into the jet and prepare for take-off, there are only 2 things on my mind getting Theo and getting back home in time for Niyahs birthday, she doesn't know that I know it but her birthday is in 11 days.

"Do we have any idea where these amateurs are located?" I ask Tony.

 "They've asked us to meet at a building in Sicily here's the address," Tony says showing me his phone. 

"Alright let's get this done in 3 days, we land tonight, round up our men, and go through the plan tomorrow and the night after that we strike. We get Theo out and make sure not a single person is left alive from their side, we don't need any revenge seekers., Understood" I say. 

"Si Capo," They both respond. We all buckle into our seat and soon we're in the air.