He wants another baby

Comenzar desde el principio

"Queenie gave me a Christmas list. And I think I'm up for it," he smirked playfully. 

You smiled back, "And what is it that she demands?"

"A little brother"

You did in fact laugh as if you thought It was a joke. However, one look at his face made you silent.

"Oh, my god. You're serious..." you whispered. soon enough a smile broke out on your face, "You actually want a baby?"

Eric

It was midnight and the only sound that came was the slow shallow breathing beside him. His beautiful wife, huddled flush against him, with his little angel, Wilma in her arms, wedged against her chest.

Even she was growing up and the thought scared him. What would it be like to wake up one day and watch her go on with her life; to walk out that door like Mackenzie only to never return for a prolonged stay?

He knew one day it would happen and he knew he could never prevent it, but he hated the idea of having no one but his wife to fuss over. It would be as if they had just moved in. The only traces that they had ever had children would be the long-since-empty beds, vanity tables and posters, forgotten by parent, child and time. 

He could not prevent the end of parenthood, but he had thought of prolonging it. Of course, he knew it was a serious subject, one of which you had the final say in.

Wilma wiggled in your arms, shifting her tiny body into his arm, wrapping her own around it.

That was when he made up his mind. He would talk to you about it tomorrow.

~~~ 

He watched over the top of his newspaper at you. You stood at the counter, pouring a glass of orange juice for Rosie while spreading butter over toast for Wilma. School would start soon and the rush to make it on time was starting. in no more than an hour, he would be out the door, ushering Rosie into the car to deliver her safely to primary school. Little Wilma would once again spend her busy day as a four-year-old bundled securely in the warm love of her mother and father.

When he did finally return home, he brought with him a bushel of irises in one hand and a fist full of parma violets in the other, predestined to find their way into Wilma's tiny hands despite your say so. He could never deny his daughter of much so when you left the room, he'd take one of the small purple circles and place it in her open palm -after breaking it in half, a seemingly impossible feat- to relieve any chance of choking. 

He grasped your hand in his, placing the flowers on the kitchen counter before using the other hand to rub tender circles on your reddened cheek.

"Sweetheart, I think I want-"

You beat him to it

"Eric, I think I want another baby," you chorused.

"I was just about to say that. Please stop stealing my lines, love"

Robert

He glanced playfully at his son, shaking him gently by the shoulder. He laughed lightly before going silent once more.

"Dad, I've been thinking about it... and I've decided that I'd like a new little sister," Colin spoke, words leaving little room for challenge.

Robert held back a laugh, "Col, Lucy isn't refundable. We can't exactly return her to the hospital to swap her with a new kid"

"No I mean, I want another sister"

He was speechless. Not only was your son a good negotiator but he was a good businessman in general.

"Well... Uhm you'll have to talk to your mother. I wouldn't mind it"

~~

Low and behold, the next morning, as the five of you sat at the breakfast table, came a deal.

"Mum, can we have a new sister? Mavin and I would like one and Lucy wants one too. Even dad does"

Coffee was nearly spilt from his cup as he burst out laughing.

Willie

Honestly, as you might be able to tell, your family is evergrowing. It isn't ever said aloud that another one is wanted but there's a certain difference in the more intimate acts, like taking a more leisurely approach to pulling out after.

Mac

Both you and Sandy looked over the fence as Virginia and Valerie chased each other. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see one of Roger's sons, Tommy, watching them curiously, the book in his hands long forgotten.

Mac knew that look. He was familiar with it. Every day, he looked at you like that. 

"I'll bet that one of these days, that boy'll become very special to our Val, Sandy." you smiled fondly at them. 

He nodded his head begrudgingly. It could be worse. He knew Roger well and by default, knew he'd raised his boys well. Tommy was never one to go along with much that would cause adversity and preferred to stay away from the spotlight; diffusing Valerie's outgoing and confident nature.

The idea of her ever needing a man other than him made him realise something.

She wasn't going to stay a child forever and he wouldn't remain an active parent forever. Meaning, if he wanted to utilise his life to the fullest, he'd at least need to get on and have another child with you, provided of course that you'd want one. 

"I admit I must agree, but I don't much care for any boy taking our daughter away"

"Oh you're just saying that because you'll miss her"

"Of course I will. She's my only gal... (y/n)"

"yes, Sandy?"

"What if we tried again? For another one?"