Truth

03.

Truth

"Aint this chick cute Tochi?"

"Don't call a girl chick! And take your eyes away Tindo!"

"I can smell love around you mate! Ha-ha-ha."

"Th... there's nothing like that. She looks like a kind person so don't you dare call her chick, unless you want your right hand broken too!"

"Damn dude you're scary! Haha."

"Here comes the cake, I guess she's the birthday girl!"

"Ain't it obvious Tochi?"

She took a seat facing towards us from a far distance. I could see her happy face from such far distance. I decided to get closer to where she was sitting.

"Hey Tindo help me! Take me to a seat  closer to her!"

"Okay man, put your hands on my shoulder."

I stood up and in fraction of seconds all the boys in the room started taking  a seat near her and we were late. So we were just able to eliminate a distance of only five feets I guess.

"Damn Tochi we were a bit late!"

"Can't do anything about it Tindo! Just my bad luck, daamnittt!!"

"Cute girls just are popular, aren't they?" said the girl standing right behind us.

"They sure are, am I right Mr.Tochi?"

"Sorry I didn't noticed you miss!"

"Haha dont worry! By the way I'm Menma, what about you guys?"

Shindo's eyes started glowing after just having a mere look at her. He jumped into excitement to introduce herself and stood up in a heroic way.

"The name's Shindo and I've been here for a month now! Nice to meet ya!"   -overjoyed-

"Isn't your name Tindo? Why are you lying to a girl?"

"Shut your mouth Tochi! Why cant you remember my name yet? Geez"

"So it's Tochi right? Nice to meet you!"

I dont know why, but it appeared to me that she really ignored the introduction of Shindo and he on the other side seemed depressed. I really wanted to laugh but I managed to control it somehow. But Shindo didn't loosed his motivation here and tried again to start up a conversation with her.

"Menma come have a seat with us!"

"Oh sure! Tindo, you're Tindo right?
(Meanwhile Shindo beating his head in the background)

"Its Shindo!"

Shindo whispered into my ears,"Damn dude why is she ignorin' me?"

"Hahahaha! Tindo youre funny."

Soon came the time everyone in the room was waiting for. The birthday girl in a misty pink dress stood up and behind her stood Sakura holding her. Then came the lady responsible for my accident.

"Thankyou everyone for coming to this celebration of my daughter's 17th birthday! I really am glad to see your presence here today, thanks for being a part of the celebration!" She said while smiling softly.

"Geez! So that woman's her mom!"

"Do you have any issues with it Tochi?"

"No not at all Kenma!"

"Dude her name is Menma not Kenma, do you have a problem with your brain Tochi?"

"Naah its fine Shindo. Kenma is a cool name, haha!"

Shindo whispered into my ears with all blushy face,"Damn dude she remembers my name yahooo!"

She started cutting the cake and just like every mom, her mother held her hand too for the cake cutting ceremony. But there was a thing that was bugging me a lot.

But from the distance and even with the crowd, I could see that her eyes never moved an inch from where they were before. But I think I was imagining things.

"I am jealous of her looks but at the same time it breaks my heart that she never saw herself in her life!"

"What are you saying Menma?"

"Dude Tochi you sure remember correct names when you're serious. You're such a airhead Tochi Ha-ha-ha."

"Shut up Shindo, let her speak for a minute!"

"Ok bro sorry!"

"She's blind Tochi!"

Her words made my mind go numb, it felt like time froze and everything around me loosed its colour and I felt chills in my spine for a few seconds. It was shocking and i could believe what I just heard."

"Haha you're joking ain't you Menma? Ain't funny!"

"No its true, she never saw this world with her eyes."

______-___________ __-_________-___ _____ 
                                -                           -

"Thanks for reading this far. I really would be happy to know your opinions! And I'll publish chapters everyday. So I would love it if you wait for the next chapter. Thanks!!"